When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The BioProduction Division is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. With our portfolio of best-in-class products that span the bioprocessing workflow from discovery through large-scale commercial production, our business is driving performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our customers.
How will you make an impact?
Within the Quality organization of the Chelmsford, MA facility, we are seeking a reliable Quality Control Scheduler who will be motivated by this exciting opportunity for an organized professional looking to build the best efficiency into the daily workflow team schedule while maintaining awareness of upcoming manufacturing needs and lab tasks.
The QC Scheduler will assist with ordering supplies for the QC group and may also help to improve QC systems through SOP writing and revision as well as responsibility for ancillary minor projects, like the organization and retrieval of Retain samples.
1st Shift - Monday- Friday
What will you do?
Supporting the Quality Organization, the QC Scheduler will:
- Maintain the day-to-day schedule for in-process, finished product, stability and other testing as well as lab maintenance tasks in the Quality Control laboratory
- Develop communication with the Manufacturing group to anticipate incoming in-process and finished product samples
- Become familiar with the Quality Control group toward understanding how to efficiently and appropriately schedule activities
- Work with QC Management to resolve scheduling conflicts as they occur
- Order QC supplies
- Author and revise Quality Control SOPs
- Review laboratory operations and identify opportunities for improvements to Quality related process/procedures/documents
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Other responsibilities as assigned
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree from accredited college/university in relevant scientific discipline
- 1- 2 years of relevant experience (either working in the lab, or managing schedules)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with SmartQC software is desirable
- Knowledge of Quality standard (e.g., ISO 13485, FDA, ICH) guidelines
- Familiar with SAP, Agile, E1, LIMS or other electronic data/document management systems
- Previous use of Coupa and/or E-buy software is beneficial
- Proven ability to execute project tasks with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment and manage activities to meet the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Familiar with continual process improvement practices such as Kaizen, Gemba, 3P, 5S, Standard Work and others.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Some previous hands-on instrument and equipment experience is a plus
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/81911836
Apply on company website