In the Semiconductor business unit within the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD) we enable customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries and ultimately change the world. The Semiconductor business unit designs, manufactures, and supports a broad range of high-performance microscopy workflows on wafers and single chips that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. We combine hardware and software expertise in electron and ion microscopy with deep application knowledge in electronics markets and our worldwide Electron Microscopy employees are dedicated to our customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
How will you make an impact?
This role develops sales opportunities by creating unique solutions for the customer's process and R&D challenges. It requires an in-depth understanding of the customer technologies, challenges, roadmaps and purchase decision process. You will create sales strategies and solutions using the existing product portfolio working together with the sales, technical sales, applications and product teams.
You will be working at the bleeding edge of semiconductor industry, developing solutions to the emerging technology challenges. You will convert these challenges into new opportunities and incremental business.
What will you do?
- Team up with account team to create sales opportunity and support account team throughout the sales cycle.
- Grow the pipeline by helping to realize incremental sales and assist the account team with pipeline conversion and acceleration.
- Account specific proof of value and value propositions that increase win-rate
- Understand customer's technology roadmaps and their challenges, create solutions and demonstrate value.
- Analyze and create reports on customer process, technology and challenges. Identify unique opportunities for Thermo Fisher workflows to add value and create solutions. Present these reports to product and sales teams frequently. Execute the selected projects to drive more sales.
- Build trust and good relationships with customers and Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) using the expertise, tool and market knowledge.
- Support and guide other teams such as Product Marketing, External Marketing, Sales and Applications with the detailed understanding of customer and technology knowledge.
How will you get here?
- Minimum educational requirement is an undergraduate degree in relevant scientific field (e.g. material science, physics). The combination of an MBA and advanced scientific degree in materials science or related electron and ion microscopy fields or equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years' sales experience in semiconductor manufacturing, failure analysis and fab/lab-based process control solutions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of Logic or Memory industry, process steps and EM related challenges, customer technology roadmaps and use cases is required.
- Domain Experience in the theory and use of analytical instrumentation technologies and related modern commercial application techniques. This position requires an in depth understanding of customer use cases.
- Detailed knowledge of MSD Thermo Fisher Scientific tools and an understanding of how they work together and/or individually to create solutions for our customers.
- Experience in interacting with highly technical customers and customer groups in a broad variety of forums from trade shows to live engineering demos.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences is critical to the success of this position.
- Proven experience in developing business cases and successfully managing business objectives.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally at least 25% - 50% of the time.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Apply on company website