Job Title: Scientist II, Cell Biology
Req# : 119580BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Hunt Valley, MD | Cell Culture and Cell Therapy
How will you make an impact?
- We are seeking a talented scientist who will plan and carry out laboratory experiments and assays in basic virology, cell culture, and/or other biotechnology applications to complement an interdisciplinary team of development scientists.
- The selected candidate will support ongoing studies, execute approved study plans, and directly support various projects and analysis of scientific data.
- Designs experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries.
- Provides direct support in maintenance of adherent and suspension cell cultures, media/feed/supplement preparation, operation of bench scale bioreactors
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors.
- Troubleshoots and solves problems in the design/execution of development projects.
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Investigates new methods and technologies and maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards.
- Maintains knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature.
- Presents data internally and contributes to external publications when appropriate.
- Interacts with internal departments in the commercialization of new products.
- Performs duties independently with guidance from manager.
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree with 2 plus years of experience or Master's degree in Virology, Microbiology, Biology or related discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in mammalian cell culture and virus handling/infectivity techniques
- Strong working knowledge of biosafety and aseptic cell culture techniques
- Demonstrated ability of performing and reporting technical work in containment laboratory (BSL-2)
- Strong teamwork orientation with demonstrable influence/interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with proven track record of working effectively both independently and as a team player
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems of moderate scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and adapt to changing project priorities
- Prior industrial experience, particularly in process development and/or cell culture media formulation
- Knowledge or experience with biocontainment facilities and procedures, laboratory safety, and decontamination
- Advanced computer skills, including ability to perform DOE studies and statistical analyses
- Familiarity with operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors and high throughput cell culture technologies (e.g. ambr15)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75770993
Apply on company website