When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This Scientist II position is available in the Bioconjugation Group within the Protein and Cellular Analysis R&D business unit. The Bioconjugation Group formulates scalable bioconjugation processes and develops fluorescently labeled antibodies as well as other cellular analysis support reagents. We are a results-driven team looking for an additional hardworking member. The successful candidate will be responsible for the conjugation and purification of antibodies to different fluorochromes or material substrates.
Job skills include conceptual understanding and practical abilities in chemistry, absorption spectroscopy, and chromatographic techniques including affinity, size exclusion and HIC chromatography. Our products are used in Flow Cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and other cell analysis applications.
What will you do?
- Support the commercialization of new reagents for Flow Cytometry applications
- Apply chemical ligation techniques to couple antibodies to different molecules and surfaces
- Apply analytical chemistry skills to develop and validate purification methods for the separations of protein-conjugates from the milieu environment
- Use absorption and fluorescence spectroscopy to characterize and optimize
- Document procedures, write Manufacturing Batch Records, and assist in Technology Transfer of new products to the Operations Team
- Be an active member of the team, seeking and accepting laboratory responsibilities to maintain and improve the workplace
How will you get here?
- B.Sc degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related-discipline and 2+ years industrial experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the area of biomolecule purification and/or protein chemistry.
- Experience in UV-Vis absorption spectroscopy/fluorescence spectroscopy is required
- Experience in chromatographic techniques, including Size-Exclusion chromatography and affinity chromatography is required
- Capable of multi-tasking and having strong time-management skills to meet a demanding work schedule is required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a diverse team
- GMP lab experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73784850
Apply on company website