Job Title: Engineer III, Software
Job Location: Bangalore
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
We are Digital Engineering Team - the Software Center of Excellence for Thermo Fisher Scientific. We are responsible for developing and delivering SaaS based applications and digital lab (Cloud-based) tools, to help scientists do their work more efficiently and with precision, enabling them to make our world healthier, cleaner and safer. Our world class software products and solutions accelerate scientific discovery and lab productivity. These solutions
provide rich content, selection tools, collaboration tools and scientific apps that allow our customers to focus on innovation and the complexities of their science.
create a connected world for our customers where discoveries happen the smart way — where every device/product is connected, self-aware, and self-healing—thereby enabling efficient workflows and collaborative science.
enable our customers to efficiently manage their lab by providing them insight to workflow processes, asset uptime and product availability.
We give them the flexibility to access what they need when they need it, allowing them to select and receive products and services across multiple channels. We apply industry best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Sr. technical member performs all aspects of Software Development including programming, system design, code review, design review, unit testing, and integration testing.
The Software Engineer will be an integral part of our Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) eCDS Software R&D team based out of our Bangalore office. This person will work in a scrum team focusing on feature development and sustaining engineering for our enterprise chromatography data system software Chromeleon.
- Design, implement, and test new software modules to enhance our enterprise chromatography data system (CDS)
- Maintain existing software modules
- Be a valuable team member for a newly built Scrum team in our growing software-focused site
- Contribute to the leading edge of the digital transformation of the chromatography and mass spectrometry industry
- Collaborate with peers in development, testing, quality management and documentation to provide new software solutions
- Author technical documentation of own development activities
- Work closely within global scrum teams (Germany, UK, US) to co-develop, collaborate and learn
- Participate in product design refinement review process to understand the specifications and recommend improvements
Mandatory Skills, Knowledge and experience requirement:
- 6 – 10 yrs. of relevant experience as Senior Software Engineer, BE/BTech or equivalent qualification
- Good knowledge and experience in client server architecture
- Solid programming skills in C#, .Net Framework,
- Good understanding and experience of TDD using MSTests, NUnit, Moq, NSubstitute
- Should be aware and practiced Agile/Iterative development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of the following fields would be beneficial:
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes
- SQL database
- Experience in test automation
- General understanding of multi-threading programming
- Familiarity with design principles and patterns
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Life Science experience preferred, but not required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com .
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website