Reporting to the GM and Head of Viral Vector Services (VVS), the Senior Director, Supply Chain will oversee the supply chain management function, including materials management, logistics, and integrated business planning across Viral Vector Services. He/she will be responsible for managing the material supply chain, maximizing capacity utilization through S&OP, implementing and owning supply chain systems (e.g. SAP) and business processes and establishing and overseeing logistics and material distribution for the VVS network. This individual will partner with the VVS leadership team and interacts directly with our clients and potential clients providing expertise and guidance on material/capacity related issues; helping to deliver on customer commitments and resolve escalation issues.
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Establishes strategies to increase customer service levels up across the region by ensuring control among materials thru cost effectiveness and providing savings to the company.
- Ensures the budgets adhere to the strategic plan and development prospects of the company. Works with GMs and functional leaders at all sites to ensure production planning to fill capacity to satisfy customer production and delivery dates.
- Identifies necessary improvements to current tools, processes or procedures to improve efficiency levels and productivity indicators among logistics functions at each site.
- Partners with the VVS Procurement to ensure materials and supplies are managed in an efficient and effective manner to control pricing, delivery dates, and maintain strong relationships with qualified vendors.
- Manages our client services and delivery of performance at the highest levels by maintaining strong relationships with our clients and coordinating activities to keep them informed in a timely manner.
- Oversees all supply chain, integrated business planning and logistics functions for VVS North America and Europe and establishes objectives for these supply chain areas.
- Change agent: encourages new ideas, processes and approaches. Champions and enables a culture of technical excellence, multidisciplinary problem solving, teamwork, consistency, flexibility, execution, quality and effective communication. Embraces and implements practical process improvements (PPI)
- Responsible for providing technical/industry guidance to supply chain professionals within VVS; must be up to speed on regulations and emerging trends on supply chain management.
- A bachelor's degree in science or related field, Master's preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years working in supply chain, preferably in the area of biotechnology
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership role
- Significant commercial business acumen, excellent customer communication and interaction skills.
- Sound financial (P&L) and analytical skills; demonstrated track record of sound judgment and good decision making.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and compile data, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make sound decisions.
- Proven leadership aptitude with excellent people management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage through complex processes/projects.
- Understanding of guidelines required by FDA, EMEA, and other regulatory bodies.
- Strong strategic skills and ability to influence change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- ~20% Travel Required.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83864294
Apply on company website