A challenging opportunity exists for a Financial Analyst to play a key role in supporting the FP&A efforts of the $210M Materials & Minerals business unit within the Chemical Analysis Division. This role will be actively involved in reporting and data management and will have a great deal of visibility with the M&M senior leadership team. The position reports to the Senior FP&A Manager and works closely with the Director of Finance for the MM business unit and the Senior Management Team to create the AOP, forecasts, and track progress weekly. The Financial Analyst will also be responsible for developing solid cross-functional business partnerships, leading special projects, improving processes, and implementing business intelligence tools.
- Partner with functional leaders to provide reporting, forecasting and analysis on Operating expenses and headcount.
- Generate Monthly/Quarterly Business Review (MBR/QBR) packages, including Risks & Opportunities (R&O) Forecasts
- Conduct monthly A/R reviews with functional leads to reduce bad debt expense and drive working capital improvements.
- Provide monthly operating expense forecasts to leadership to be included in Monthly Business Reviews; continue to refine model and explain assumptions. Manage process for loading forecasts each month into system.
- Analyze budget variances and work closely with factory Controllers and functional leads to understand and drive performance within budget
- Assist FP&A Manager with all AOP deliverables, owning Target Setting models and FX analysis, and being the P.O.C. for business units on proper AOP targets/loads/deadlines
- Partner with the Operations Finance Manager to consolidate Weekly Backlog
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement enhancements to existing reporting processes
- Streamline routine analysis, identify improvement opportunities to automate and create leverage
- Partner with IT and functional owners to identify necessary data needs and build a plan around aggregation of the data into the financial tools. Validate tools on a weekly basis, discovering issues with data and work on projects to help resolve these issues.
- Drive business case of a large project within M&M. Work with cross functional teams to gather data and make assumptions. Model the impact of case & come to conclusions for M&M, divisional and corporate leadership to make decisions.
- Act as the key contact person for M&M sites finance teams; collecting, consolidating, analyzing, and presenting data on a timely basis
- Ad-hoc requests as needed
- Skilled in Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Smartview and Adhoc, including upload templates, consolidations, financial close procedures.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel (very comfortable with pivot tables and V-look up).
- Detail-oriented with ability to maintain accuracy of information and meet deadline with little supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills; effective verbal & written communication abilities
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, capable of handling several work-streams simultaneously with minimal supervision and is open to unpredictability
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of related experience
- Intensity for accuracy and attention to detail
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82512874
Apply on company website