How will you make an impact?
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Partner to the Pharma Services group finance organization, local controllers and other business stakeholders
- Ensure business units maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and SOX related internal control documentation
- Understand the functionality, interfaces and interdependencies of Thermo Fisher Scientific's financial processes and systems, and ensuring the existence of adequate internal controls where required
- Support the internal and external audits and SOX compliance initiatives for all in-scope sites within Pharma Services group
- Maintain Group Approval Authority Matrix and ensure compliance
- Playing a key role in the development of financial processes and enhancing the capacity of the finance team
- Manage the month end supplemental data reporting process to ensure accurate and timely results
- Collate quarterly rep letter exceptions for analysis and reporting. Follow up with sites on timely remediation
- Take lead on training controllers across the world on accounting policies and internal control compliance
- Lead initiatives to ensure key close reporting metrics are timely, accurate, and meaningful to drive results
- Oversee the integration of accounting policy and internal controls compliance for newer sites and business within the Pharma Services group
- Perform other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas: financial reporting, internal control, and technical accounting knowledge
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, and embrace the Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
- Strong business and industry knowledge as well as the ability to make logical assumptions, identify trends, incorporate external and internal information, draw conclusions from ambiguous data, and effectively benchmark results against appropriate baselines
- Identify and champion productivity improvements through Practical Process Improvement
- Strong written communication skills, along with clear and concise verbal skills, are required. The ideal candidate will have the ability to obtain operational buy-in with easy to understand analysis and presentations with the ability to engage in communication at the executive level
- Manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time effectively
- Commit to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management preferred
Other Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other relevant background
- Advanced Qualification Preferred (CPA, MBA, or MS)
- 10 years of progressive relevant work experience required
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82319934
Apply on company website