Senior Manager, PPI Business System
Location/Division Specific Information
Pittsburgh, PA or Carlsbad, CA preferred, remote acceptable
Do you have a passion for excellence as well as the ability to collaborate and get results? Then this is the role for you! The eBusiness team is part of a multifaceted and growing Digital Commerce organization at Thermo Fisher Scientific. As part of Corporate Digital Operations, this role will drive learning and implementation of the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience and increase colleague engagement across the organization. The Sr Manager, PPI collaborates with key digital partners to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. As a coach and internal consultant, you will teach tools and techniques such as Daily Management, 8 Step Problem Solving, 5S, standard work, RCCMs, and Key Metric Leadership.
How will you make an impact?
Reporting to the Director of eBusiness Operational Excellence, you will serve as a partner to corporate, division and functional leaders by ensuring PPI methodology is known, capabilities are built and used, and PMO prioritization governance is applied to meet and exceed productivity targets and business objectives.
- Promote a learning organization that adopts continuous improvement and builds the talent to achieve business and financial objectives.
- Develop a balanced PPI program that ensures improvement in business performance by involving all colleagues in improving their daily work. Enabled by leaders and qualified Process Managers acting as coaches, creating the right continuous improvement culture and implementing a common framework of methodology.
- Collaborate with Digital Operations PMO and business functional authorities to ensure the maturity and continued adoption of the Corporate Prioritization Processes
- Implement programs and/or projects at the appropriate levels using project tools such as Parent A3s, Project A3s, implementation plans, and RCCMs.
- Support and coach staff to progress strategy deployment expertise and capability within eBusiness leadership
- Nurture a culture of continuous improvement to develop, supervise, and improve critical metrics in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support in partnership with eBusiness Finance and Digital Operations through project traceability, pipeline building and productivity tracking and reporting. Use consistent tools and templates and other governance mechanisms as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations, science or business; Masters, MBA preferred.
- Deep technical knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and methodologies (i.e. Certification in PPI Business System, Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Business Transformation, Process Re-engineering, or another validated improvement methodology preferred.)
- Project and program management expertise
- 7+ years of operational or professional experience and a ‘hands-on' track record of implementing successful programs/projects - in a shared service environment preferred
- Expertise in Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, Gemba Walks, and Visual Management), Value-stream mapping, and problem-solving using a formal program/process and approach (8 Step, LSS, SAFe, Agile, waterfall, A3 thinking)
- Knowledge of Strategy Deployment: X-Matrix a plus
- Ownership of initiatives and drive execution through team and in a matrixed reporting environment.
- Leadership roles from subject areas such as operations, commercial, engineering, quality, or product/portfolio management
- A strong change agent and leader in demonstrating and promoting change
- A well-rounded problem solver who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for efficient benefit.
- Able to drive improvement in both operational and non-operational areas, including cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal communication both written and oral in English and preferable second language. Ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- Excellent skills in Microsoft 360 Office suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Teams.
- Experience with data visualization such as PowerBI a plus
- Able to travel as needed, up to 15%
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website