Job Title: Senior Product Manager, Biopharma Services
Requisition ID: 157181BR
Location: Needham, MA OR US-Remote
What will you do?
The Senior Manager, Product Management position is a senior marketing role that supports one or several divisions within the Pharma Services Group (PSG) and works across business units, service groups, and functions. This position is an upstream marketing role that drives business growth by obtaining critical market and client insights; creating business cases; assisting strategy development; defining multi-generational service line roadmaps; defining, developing, and launching new service offerings; and integrating multiple service offerings across business units to create unique value for our clients.
The position requires significant internal and external thought leadership, strategic marketing skills, and the ability to influence across a wide variety of functions / roles. The individual in this position should be viewed as a skilled marketing professional with strong knowledge of the market, client, competition, and service offerings for the responsible business units.
- Gathers feedback from customers, sales, and business management and through Voice of Market and Voice of Client market research to identify new market trends and opportunities
- Provides critical insights and recommendations, based on external and internal assessments, that define business growth initiatives and drive a sustainable advantage
- Routinely monitors competitive landscape for significant shifts, articulates the implications for the business, and develops appropriate responses
- Actively participates in and supports business unit and divisional strategic planning processes.
- Establishes market and opportunity sizes
- Leads the innovation process for the assigned area(s), assesses opportunities, validates concepts for new service offerings through Voice of Market and Voice of Client work, defines requirements, and prepares business cases to support the investment in new service offerings
- Defines multi-generational service line roadmaps; prioritizes requirements; prepares client use cases; and leads client alpha / beta pilots to secure Voice of Client feedback
- Independently establishes and leads strategic initiatives that drive commercial success and support the overall business strategy, which includes the development and launch of new service line offerings
- Creates launch plan for new service offering introductions and provides technical training as required
- Recommends and executes implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy
- Interacts with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders including direct client communication and public presentation
- Supports a learning culture of continuous improvement by identifying and actively participating in and/or leading process improvement and change management initiatives as needed
- Exhibits outstanding presentation, communication, and writing skills, with the ability to inspire through persuasive presentation of information
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
How will you get there?
- Bachelor of Science degree in related science or engineering field is required.
- Master of Science or PhD degrees in related science or engineering field are desired.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic marketing, product marketing, and product management experience (upstream marketing) in a CDMO, pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical device, or life sciences company
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical development and GMP manufacturing processes
- Product marketing and product management (upstream / strategic marketing) skills including the launch of new products or services.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking. Must be creative and possess ability to have a “big picture” viewpoint.
- Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Independently identifies problems, answer questions, and gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
- Executive presence.
- Adept at distilling and communicating complex concepts in simple terms verbally and visually.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Displays a solid understanding of pharmaceutical and bioprocessing technology, industry, and market – is viewed as an expert and can turn market insights into actions for business.
- Has succeeded in cross-functional, matrix organizations with minimal supervision.
- Direct and relational leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (i.e. pivot table) skills.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82487923
Apply on company website