Job Title: Senior Supplier Management Engineer
Requisition ID: 152986BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This role will report into the Pharma Services Group and can based at any one of our Legacy Patheronsites: Durham NC, Allentown PA, Alachua FL, St. Louis MO, Cincinnati OH, Mount Prospect IL, Indianapolis IL, Bohemia NY, Rockville MD, Florence SC, Franklin MA, Frederick MD, Vacaville CA, Memphis TN, Swedesboro NJ.
How will you make an impact?
As a member of the Global Supplier Quality organization, the Senior Supplier Management Engineer will be a key contributor into the global supplier performance management program at Thermo Fisher. The Senior Supplier Management Engineer will be responsible for implementing procedures and best practices that focus on mitigating risk in the supply base, improving Supplier performance, and driving resolution to escalated Supplier deviations. Specifically, the responsibilities include supplier deviation management, risk identification and reduction, quality and supply chain improvements, and relationship management with internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Supplier Management Engineer will have experience in Pharmaceutical / Medical Device manufacturing or similar field and will possess technical capabilities, problem solving knowledge, project management skills and procurement acumen.
What will you do?
- Travel up to 50% ~ Note: Due to current company restrictions, we are working remotely, with very limited-to-no travel. However, the expectation for travel will resume in a post-COVID environment/world.
- Travels to and from supplier locations to resolve escalated Manufacturing, Quality, Technical and supply issues and investigations, as well as facilitate overall improvements to proactively prevent supplier issues.
- Utilizes enhanced problem-solving skills (six sigma) to determine true root cause and to develop and implement irreversible corrective actions.
- Coordinates, communicates and oversees general technical matters pertaining to suppliers, including understanding and optimizing component / material usage and upskilling suppliers to provide improved materials and services.
- Provides efficient and effective solutions and CAPA management for escalated supplier issues.
- Provides supplier investigation ownership related to escalated supplier complaints.
- Responsible for communicating escalated issues to the Global Supplier Quality Leadership Team
- Participates in periodic business and relationship review meetings with problematic suppliers.
- Serves as a primary point of contact to legacy Patheon sites and suppliers in the region.
- Responsible for managing a data driven Global Supplier Management program that focuses on identifying and mitigating risk across the direct material supply chain.
- Works across functional boundaries to identify business needs and establish best practices.
- Must understand worldwide regulatory requirements and cGMPs.
- Ensures policies and practices are in place to meet compliance requirements of relevant standard including (ISO 9002, ISO13485, cGMP).
How will you get here?
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required in Engineering, Science, or Business
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant experience in a regulated environment (GMP a plus), in any of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, OTC Drug, Cosmetic and/or Food and Dietary Supplements, Automotive or Aerospace is required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Procurement and/or Quality.
- Experience in data management, collection, analysis and technical writing.
- Experience in business and quality management systems (i.e. SAP, TrackWise, etc.).
- Experience in a matrix organization.
- Experience in driving continuous improvement with a track record of achieving results.
- Experience in Supply Chain Management and capacity assessment a plus.
- Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt or Yellow Belt certification is a plus.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to develop and / or improve supplier relationships.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Six Sigma certification (black, green belt) is preferred.
- Ability to develop and / or improve commercial relationships.
- Proven self-starter that works well independently and within team settings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Appreciates and respects diversity, cultures, and norms.
- Facilitates business negotiations in a professional manner.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of cGMP's is a plus.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82423958
Apply on company website