The Solution Owner (SO) will be both a business and technical savvy individual, who can develop a deep understanding of assigned functional or product areas, or solutions that involve more than one product or component. The SO will work closely with the Technical Architect and/or Engineering Manager to provide guidance to the development team, Product Owners, and other Business Stakeholders regarding ideal functional solutions that are in alignment with both architectural guidelines and current business solutions, while also delivering customer and business value. This person shall understand relevant long-term business goals and product vision while having insight into current system functionality and business processes, thereby providing feasible alternatives to meet the business needs. The SO will focus on evolving our Thermo Fisher Cloud platform which delivers scientific Software-as-a-Service applications including data analysis and connected instruments, and on the Customer Service Center program.
- Collaborate effectively and proactively with business leaders, Directors or Product Management, Product Managers, Program/Project Managers, Solution Partners, and Engineering stakeholders to analyze and understand business needs and establish holistic solution approach for the business areas assigned.
- Works with Product Management Solution Partners, customers and stakeholders to distill strategy and priorities into tangible requirements, prototypes, design concepts and product roadmaps for digital technology solutions.
- Works across multiple team Product Owners to develop strategy for how best to formulate, prioritize and split features/epics amongst the teams.
- Partners with Engineering Managers and team members to analyze and communicate cross-team dependencies.
- Develop high level vision, product and solution backlog refinement, and communicate program vision and roadmap.
- Works with Release Management, Release Train Engineer to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Hosts and facilitates Solution Demo.
- Works with the Release Train Engineer, Product Management, Solution Partners, and their Scrum team(s) to ensure the team is prepared in advance of program level events such as PI Planning, Inspect and Adapt and System or PI demos
Skills and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Prior Architecture experience is a must.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Previous hands on Product Owner, Product Manager, or similar Systems Analyst/Architect experience
- Experience in product development, particularly software, Software-as-a-Service, and platform development
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile/Scrum a must. Experience as a Scrum Master and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus (POPM).
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Ability to bring or quickly develop company and industry knowledge as well as creative techno-functional solutioning skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
- Bias towards action and experimentation
- Highly effective communicator
- Thrives in a complex fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to Results/ Team Player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly supportive of the business and of its ideals and strategies.
- Effective at driving short-term actions that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Analytical Thinking/ Decision Making
- Business Acumen/ Process Management
- Acts with uncompromised Integrity & Trust
Apply on company website