A Sr. Business Analyst conducts research, monitors, maintains, and optimizes business solutions.
Knowledge of business processes and SAP within a specific area(s) of responsibility, defined by the position. Directly support users and corporate processes in the assigned area. Researches gaps in functionality, gathers requirements of users and presents recommendations to teams both technical and business.
Excellent grasp of industry and subject matter best practices, trends, and concepts. Ability to apply these concepts into the SAP environment and business process. Strong Leadership skills, especially in the handling of Organization Change Management are strongly desired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support SAP ECC and related software.
- Participate in Projects and Initiatives across multiple functional areas and regions
- Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control process change in conjunction with the business SME's
- Drive best practice with business process experts in defining standard operating procedures, process flows and related documentation
- Good understanding of SAP product lifecycle management
- Good understanding of SAP production planning MRP, ATP, AOP.
- Good understanding of SAP MM, PP, SD, QM, FI, & WMS
- Good understanding of SAP Master Data Management
- Knowledge of SAP Reporting capabilities, Business Objects is an advantage
- Translate user requests into user requirements and program specifications.
- Work with Enterprise Shared Services and programmers to assure compliance to program specification
- Liaise with Divisional Management to understand direction within their functional area of responsibility
- Support business initiatives utilizing Project Management expertise.
- Maintain security in compliance with ThermoFisher Security directives.
- Ensure compliance to Thermo Fisher IT Policies and Guidelines.
- Travel can range up to 25%.
- Gather user requirements to develop solutions and alternatives.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Translate high-level information into details as well as summarize detailed information.
- Communicate and collaborate with users to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Work with users to define concepts under direction of project leaders.
- Serve as the conduit between the user community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Liaise between the business, technology teams and support teams.
- Comply with company's Global IT Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website