Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Sr. Director, R&D is a highly motivated and strategic technology leader that will drive innovation and growth for the Water and Laboratory Products business. This leader will oversee research and development across a range of product platforms including electrochemical and optical based water analysis instruments, water purification systems and consumables, controlled temperature technologies and a wide variety of everyday essential lab instruments. This position will report directly to the Vice President and General Manager of the Water and Laboratory Products business unit and is based in Chelmsford, MA. Relocation is provided.
- Lead global research and development efforts to enable business growth and innovation leadership
- Achieve significant growth in vitality revenue while attaining product launch milestones on time and at budget
- Attract, retain, inspire and grow top-tier scientific managerial and technical staff while setting ambitious organizational goals
- Work collaboratively with all BU stakeholders to define R&D priorities and activities supporting organic revenue growth and achieving product launches on time and at budget
- Achieve world-class R&D capabilities by being a change catalyst to improve R&D processes and champion technology partnerships across Thermo Fisher
- Work collaboratively with R&D leadership team and cross-functionally to reduce time-to-market, improve design for manufacturability, improve design for quality, and drive down cost to manufacture
- Work effectively in a matrix management organizational structure, particularly with Product Management, Manufacturing and Sourcing, Quality and Regulatory Affairs functions.
- Provide technical leadership for assessment of technology development partnerships and acquisitions
- Foster a metric-driven culture of continuous improvement
- Minimum of 8 years of R&D leadership experience in a B2B environment
- Proven ability to drive measurable and effective R&D performance
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively within a matrixed organizational structure
- Flexibility to travel 30% of the time with some International travel
- BS/MS in Engineering or Science
- Outstanding leadership ability and significant drive
- Effective communication skills
- Strong financial acumen with a keen ability to drive efficiencies to achieve plan
- Expertise in water quality, instrumentation, electro-chemistry, optical sensing, systems engineering, and/or electro-mechanical systems
- Experience in capital equipment industries with relatively low unit volumes/high product mix (e.g. power equipment, automation equipment, life sciences/lab equipment, medical equipment) preferred
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Material Science
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82556672
Apply on company website