The Sr. Manager of Water & Lab Products (WLP) Finance is responsible for driving organic growth, profitability and accountability across the Ancillary and Water Analysis product lines. This role has overall stewardship of a $200M business in partnership with the General Manager/Vice President. This role is responsible for identifying and driving the levers of growth, coordinating factory capacity and driving accountability on price/mix.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Commercial teams from Americas, EMEA and APAC to deliver the organic growth targets
- Develop and implement models using Salesforce.com, Sales Data warehouse and Corporate Data warehouse to forecast revenue, factory capacity and inventory
- Provide insights on drivers of growth and risk/opportunities based on, backlog, pipeline, market data and factory capacity trending.
- Review and construct analysis to measure the margin-mix and price performance of WLP business. Make meaningful recommendations to drive profitability via favorable mix and incremental price. Drive accountability for margin expansion via price-mix.
- Partner with the Operations Finance teams to plan factory capacity and inventory in-sync with product mix and growth targets. Work with Manufacturing operations and provide guidance to SIOP to manage capacity based on Commercial forecasts.
- Partner with Business Unit and Division Finance to develop Annual Operating Plan, with focus on topline, margin expansion and functional spending. Coordinate month end close and forecast activities/reporting for business reviews.
- Partner with site leaders at Chelmsford and Puerto Rico facilities to develop annual budgets, with focus on cost reduction plans, absorption, headcount and spending. Assist in completion of month end business review site scorecards
- Business partner to the VP/General Manager in evaluating and approving:
- Business opportunities including Commercial quotes and Strategic Partnerships
- New product development business cases
- Pricing strategies and product positioning
- Headcount and other investment proposals
- Improve business case development to prioritize R&D budget across the division. Enforce business case discipline within the stage gate processes
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Track record of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure
- Experience in commercial elements of a product based business with demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders
- Strong understanding of the interdependencies of the customer fulfilment, inventory, and manufacturing volumes.
- Possess strong leadership and team building skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated with high bias for action and accountability
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operations professionals.
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment
- Drives a culture of accountability
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required; an MBA or CPA is preferred
- An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials and a strong aptitude in financial analysis
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is desired
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), PowerPoint, and Hyperion is preferred
- The successful candidate should expect travel of 5% - 10%
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75782190
Apply on company website