The IT Team Leader/Sr. Manager position combines responsibilities for people leadership with enablement of IT solutions as a business analyst, into a single role. This hands-on Sr. Manager position is responsible for providing leadership to a small group of business analysts and also as a Lead Business Analyst liaising between IT and senior business leadership at a medium-large manufacturing, distribution and customer care facility. This position requires a unique set of qualifications that combines thought leadership with in-depth functional domain knowledge of manufacturing operations along with customer care and order management, coupled with a passion and aptitude for technology driving business solutions. He or she requires a thorough understanding of customer care, discreet manufacturing and distribution business processes and practices, and ERP systems. As a leader within IT this role will partner with business to understand and anticipate need while influencing and driving business improvement and systems adoption. This position plays a key role in continuous improvement and advancing business performance following a best-practice based approach.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Primary liaison between business and IT.
- Advisor to the business on IT and business-practice related matters.
- Manage and mentor a small team of business analysts in their daily work and professional development.
- Lead IT steering committee meetings with key business leadership to manage, prioritize and execute on an IT project portfolio.
- Analyze and document business requirements in cooperation with business leadership, process owners and key users.
- Analyze, model and document current-state and future-state business processes using process modeling tools and follow a consistent modeling methodology.
- Design and implement process improvements and system enhancements that conform to industry and application best-practices.
- Prepare IT investment proposals and demonstrate the value of IT investments in financial and strategic terms to business and IT leadership.
- Maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets.
- Act as project manager on IT intensive business improvement projects.
- Establish good working relationships with peers in other divisions and explore joint system and process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, operations management or engineering (equivalent work experience acceptable).
- 8+ years of progressive experience implementing and/or supporting business (ERP) systems in customer care, distribution or discrete manufacturing environments.
- 4+ years of data warehouse and/or business intelligence reporting experience
- 4+ years of leadership experience managing professionals in a collaborative and facilitating fashion.
- Excellent knowledge of business processes and best practices in manufacturing and distribution operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including directors, managers, subject matter experts and end-users.
- Motivated to drive projects to successful completion, whether leading an initiative, supporting a team, or working independently.
- Focused on results by emphasizing delivery of measurable business benefits.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including excellent proficiency in discovering business needs and understanding complex process, systems or data issues.
- A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- AS400 (i.e. PRMS, OMS, BOSS, IBS/AWS, etc.), as well as, JDE World, E1, and/or SAP ERP (ECC: MM/PP, SD, QM, VC, WM).
- Business process modeling and analysis.
- Proven experience with enabling the gathering of data from multiple sources to support advanced analytics using data warehousing and applications to enable data driven decisions (ex. Cognos, Power BI, MS SqlServer).
- Experience with chemical manufacturing environments
- Experience working for a global/International corporation
- Data analysis using SQL Queries
- Certifications: APICS, CBAP, PMP, ITIL, etc.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73549625
Apply on company website