Job Title: Sr. Manager, Lean Process Improvement (Business Focus)
Requisition ID: 152488BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This role will be based at the Rochester, NY site (and will require up to 50% travel domestically and internationally). A relocation package has been approved for individuals interested in relocating to the area.
How will you make an impact?
This position reports to the Director, PPI - Lab Plastics Essentials (LPE) Global Operations and partners with site functional leaders to drive continuous improvements to enable profitable growth, improve quality, elevate the customer experience and increase employee engagement. The position works with leaders to build lean capability and streamline processes. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as Strategy deployment, visual management/5S, value stream mapping, leader standard work, metric boards, stand-up meetings and project funnel development/execution. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training teams and providing coaching to all levels throughout LPE's global organization.
What will you do?
- Drives lean thinking to create enterprise level value stream management across both operations and non-operations functions:
- Leads and facilitates training in LEAN and PPI (Practical Process Improvement) Principles for the organization by implementing standard process improvement tools for both non-operations and operations departments.
- Analyzes highly complex processes and partners with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, and make recommendations based upon analysis to further business goals.
- Lead/work with functional teams to implement and streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Insightfully cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of safety, customer, finance, people and quality
- Improve the decision-making model and problem-solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further
- Proactively interface with internal customers and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six Sigma principles
How will you get here?
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, operations or business. Advanced degree is an asset.
- Advanced lean practitioner with a 5+ years of experience with PPI Business System, or comparable prior experience working in the Toyota Production System (TPS), Danaher Business System (DBS), Honeywell Operating System (HOS), or other recognized Lean business system models
- 5+ years of operations and/or engineering experience working for a world class, multinational organization preferred
- Multi-Site coaching required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong financial and statistics acumen
- A ‘hands-on' track record of implementing successful Continuous Improvement (CI) elements such as:
- Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping leadership experience
- Experience leading Kaizen events including elements such as standard work, work-flow design, takt time planning, multi-functional value stream mapping, problem solving
- A holistic thinker who is effective in influencing leaders to develop transformational target states and rapidly drive change through the full organization
- Ability to travel throughout the US and internationally up to 50% of time
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82423864
Apply on company website