When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How you will make an impact?
You will lead all aspects of the Franklin Site Materials Management group encompassing material planning, inventory management, purchasing, stockroom operations, receiving, and shipping. You will have strong links with our global and local sourcing groups to optimize supply contracts and system processes to drive reductions in material holding, purchased material costs and overall operations logistics to drive our performance and end to end customer experience.
What you will do:
- Develop and drive the supply chain strategy focused on operational and customer excellence that aligns with our overall business strategy.
- Build, lead and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that will enable organizational vitality and ensure KPI's are aligned to overall business goals; specifically, serve as site owner of the On-Time Delivery (OTD) and Days of Supply (DOS) KPIs.
- Develop and lead a high performing team and a culture of excellence with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Instill a sense of urgency and accountability throughout the materials team.
- Partner with key stakeholders, both on site and throughout the division, to optimize our customer experience.
- Drive the continuous improvement culture by focusing on Standard Work and adherence to divisional/enterprise standards.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the SIOP process by understanding the Demand Plan and developing a site supply plan.
- Serve as a key “thought leader” on the CAD Materials Council that develops and approves divisional standards.
How you will get here:
Requires a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Business or similar field.
Black Belt, Master Black Belt, or LEAN Trainer certification preferred.
APICS certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management, or Inventory Management, Warehouse/Logistics.
- Experience managing a team and serving as a member of an organizational leadership group.
- Demonstrated track record in improving business performance and sustaining in challenging business environments.
- Experience in leading and building teams of individual contributors, with a track record of attracting and developing talent, developing bench strengths and managing a complex and diverse workforce.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven track record of building, maturing, and implementing business processes.
- Proficient Change Agent capable of redefining and creating repeatable processes where none exist.
- Comfortable operating in an environment of ambiguity.
- Strong analytic skills, business acumen, and supply chain knowledge.
- Can clearly communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Strategic problem solver with six sigma and/or LEAN experience.
- Desire to lead and expand within this role and potentially beyond.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82556561
Apply on company website