When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is for a 12 hour night shift lead role (6p-6a) on a 2-2-3 schedule.
How will you make an impact?
Perform those mechanical maintenance functions necessary to set up, adjust, maintain and repair production line equipment. Perform the duties and responsibilities of a production operator by following specified instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), to ensure that a high standard of quality is maintained during the production process. Work at a proficient level and proactively troubleshoot and recommend preventive action. .
How will you make an impact?
- Set up, clean, troubleshoot, and adjust equipment as required. Mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge concerning industrial equipment specific to the pharmaceutical industry. Lubricate equipment as required.
- Disassemble and assemble mechanical, electrical/electronic assemblies and equipment to include repair/replacements of major components working from blueprints, assembly diagrams, electrical/electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics, or other technical instructions, operate equipment as required.
- Operate systems, machines, lines and equipment; e.g. vacuum systems, production machines, high pressure boilers, gas turbines, general hand tools and instruments.
- Perform repairs on equipment from written instructions, sketches, plans, diagrams, verbal descriptions or self determined job requirements based on observed conditions.
- Document conditions, actions, procedures and results of work, tests or inspections performed as required by Company policies and procedures. Document work performed on production equipment by maintaining accurate records or logs.
- Maintain and upgrade technical skills through participation in training programs.
- Comply with SOPs and CGMPs through adherence to SOPs and company policies relating to quality, safety, housekeeping, cost effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain SOPs for instrument calibrations.
- Examine product visually for proper physical quality (i.e., properly filled, sealed, labeled, etc.).
- Perform equipment cleaning as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
High school diploma or equivalent is minimally required.
At least 4 years of industrial experience as a mechanic, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or related field
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Mechanical, electrical/electronic pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge concerning industrial equipment specific to the pharmaceutical industry
- Attention to detail, alertness, skill in detecting defects
- Self-starter, mature, independent and dependable
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to respond quickly to sight and sound and the ability to read gauges, dial, meters, and instructions
- Those expected to weld must successfully demonstrate welding performance in accordance with Section IX of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code for shielded arc and gas tungsten arc applicable to ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Ability to tolerate stress in a safe way
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pounds, occasionally pushing and pulling 50-100+ pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82513000
Apply on company website