Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing Technician
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Analytical Instruments Group
Mon-Fri- First Shift
How will you make an impact?
Test and certify assemblies and instruments to meet quality standards
What will you do?
- Test subassemblies and/or standard instruments within the Value Stream
- Advanced troubleshooting abilities with electromechanical assemblies
- Capable of operating a Lathe and basic machining knowledge
- Active member of production cell. May require inventory and equipment management as related to the cells operations requirements
- Adhere to ISO9000 requirements including ESD, work area cleanliness, maintenance and calibration of equipment and work instruction adherence
- Adhere to discrepant material disposition process (Material Review Board process)
- Support assembly process in the cell
- Cross train into other functional roles as required
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function.
- Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
- Participate and lead improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement)
- Lead daily stand up meeting periodically
- Work with cell leads and value stream support to resolve process issues when required
- Document non-conformances
- Maintain a safe working environment, following established 5S procedures
- Maintain Inventory Accuracy based on site goals
- Conduct Morning Cycle Count and assist with reconciliation of inventory
- Build working relationships with co-workers, including employees in other departments (engineering, marketing, etc.)
How will you get here ?
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete assignments with limited instruction
- 2 year technical degree in a related field (Mechanical or Electrical), military training or other equivalent experience required
- 3+ years of related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment, instrumentation test is preferable
- Good math and computer skills. Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (graphs, pivot tables, formatting, formulas)
- High visual acuity and manual dexterity. Ability to conduct equipment set up and qualification on simple machinery as well as experience doing in-process visual inspection
- Ability to work safely with chemicals and gasses and maintain good housekeeping standards
- Experience working with and troubleshooting electromechanical assemblies and printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Skills requirements – soldering, hand tools, multimeters, operating a lathe
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Experience with IQS, Hertzler, and/or MAPICS a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
- Good manual dexterity is required. Must use hands for extended periods of time while assembling (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation). Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment and tools necessary to perform job functions
- These physical requirements must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82359635
Apply on company website