Sr. Product Manager, Microarray Business
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like improving products and services for reproductive health, genetic screening, the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Microarray Business Unit is highly mission-driven, committed to advancing solutions around the world to ultimately make the world healthier focused on genetics especially related to predictive genomics. As a team, we work to ensure the voice of the customer is brought into product portfolio. Our goal is to create and deliver complete solutions designed for meeting the customers' unmet needs enabling them to make the world a healthier place.
As a senior product manager, you will serve as the product champion and be responsible for the product introduction, training, support and life cycle management for our carrier screening products and expression applications. You will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for the growing portfolio of products.
What will you do?
You will play a vital role in the success of the organization by driving the strategy and product portfolio for the carrier screening portion of predictive genomics portfolios (CarrierScan and CarrierMax) and our gene expression portfolio.
- Manage a portfolio of new and existing products and ensure their commercial success
- Define market requirements and synthesize customer input by conducting VOC and market research to understand key market trends, use cases, customer requirements, user and buyer personas, and competitive activities across geographies and market segments
- Work closely with global market development to define go-to-market strategy including support for global product launch activities including positioning, value proposition, sales training, collateral and demand generation strategies.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders that can become product advocates, provide business insights, identify market needs and trends, and become beta testers for new products.
- Be the voice of customers guiding cross-functional product development teams to ensure the team can deliver the product solutions that meet or exceed customer's expectations.
- Inspire, influence, and empower employees across the matrix (both direct and indirect teams) to over-achieve objectives. Proven capability to work within a highly-matrixed environment effectively and efficiently.
- Leverage the classical product marketing four P's to continue to strengthen our leadership position in the predictive genomics space.
- Partner with global commercial organization to ensure the successful commercialization of new products.
- Creative, independent thinker capable of recognizing the most effective and efficient way to get things done.
- Strong initiative and ability to take ownership of challenging problems involving disparate parties. Demonstrated problem solving skills in situations involving conflicting constraints and pressure.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in a life science discipline required. Masters, Ph.D. or M.B.A degree a plus.
- 6+ years of product marketing or relative exp in Life Sciences, or Genomics
- Experience in defining product requirements and working with cross-functional teams to ensure the development of products based on business requirements.
- Track record in interacting with customers and various internal organizations.
- Experience developing and achieving regulatory approval for diagnostic products is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated success in new product development and commercialization of Genomics reagents and consumables.
- Ability to effectively influence customers, partners, vendors, and internal staff as required
- Demonstrated success working in a global matrixed-environment.
- Ability to influence and promote enthusiasm and support through verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values – Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has an unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website