Job Title: Sr. Product Manager – Life Sciences Software
Requisition ID: 144504BR
Location: US - Remote
What will you do?
The Sr. Product Manager – Life Sciences Software will provide leadership and execution for products across the Microarray business. This person will manage a portfolio of on-market products and develop new software focused on the collection and analysis of Microarray data. S/he will be responsible for development of software strategy, product definition, positioning, and lifecycle management.
- Develop multi-year product roadmap using customer VOC & market research.
- Analyze market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation.
- Lead new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, use cases & personas, customer & product requirements, value proposition, product launch plans and sales training.
- Create user interface and workflow requirements for functions related to quality control, genotyping, copy number variation, and data reporting within screening and diagnostic products.
- Manage joint development with 3rd party vendors as well as outsourced development.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Microarray team to drive growth for the business unit.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders to present business and customer needs.
- Domestic and international travel 25% of the time
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in a scientific discipline (molecular biology, bioengineering, or bioinformatics)
- Advanced degree or MBA with work experience in the biotechnology industry preferred
- 5+ years of related experience in product management and/or strategic marketing
- Work experience with diagnostic products and genetic applications
- Product development and launch experience in software products
- User-Centered design experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence cross functional areas, including R&D, Sales, Marketing, Program Management, and Manufacturing.
- Manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation techniques.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83782045
Apply on company website