The API / Registered Raw Materials (RSM) Senior Sourcing Specialist will follow the Thermofisher's Strategic Sourcing Management Process to manage all the Raw Materials, Registered Intermediates and API inquiries starting from understand the business requirements, customer's needs, identification of sources, due diligence, CDA, NCA, RFP preparation, risk assessment, supplier recommendation and selection, contract negotiation, closure, project management, and supplier value management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Sourcing Specialist's specific job function is as follows, but not limited to:
- Support the API Manufacturing Sites Buyers and Sourcing Managers to ensure RSM sources or services with the right business requirements, quality, regulatory requirement, delivery, and the most competitive price are acquired in a timely fashion, and according to the priority. Provide regular updates on new material requirements, suppliers preferences, coordinate suppliers meetings by means of effective project management skills and verify confidentiality agreements (CDA's) are in place prior to exchanging any proprietary information with suppliers. The key KPI of the position is to convert the inquiry to project by working with project team to win the businesses. The typical conversion rate is >35%.
- Perform spend analytics of the current portfolio by supplier, region, RSM, and using sites, and to meet the annual saving target through strategic negotiation, without compromising our business and compliance requirements.
- Succinct communicator among the cross-functional teams. Focus on the key message, on timely escalation and enforce on the critical action items with a tangible timeline and timely deliver the results. Skillful in power point slide preparation and presentation.
- Prepare RFP and coordinate Q&A sessions, and summarize the information as the supplier selection grid based on the AQSCI sourcing principle. Make and present recommendation succinctly to the stakeholder for challenge and concurrence.
- Assess, map, and manage the supply chain risks for key API's from the raw material, intermediate and final API end-to-end to ensure the continuity of supply.
- Effective and strategic negotiator to leverage our volume (3-year long term demand plan) and project bundles with preferred supplier network to achieve the best value and total cost ownership for the company.
- Manage project and supplier effectively using the agreed key performance indicators to foster the continuous process and cost improvement and hold our supplier accountable.
- Constantly evaluate the market place for niche supplies and services and maintain knowledge of supplier technical capabilities, compliance status, management change, and financial solvency.
- Assess and consolidate supplier base into a small, but diverse network to leverage supplier's technology, capability, our internal manufacturing capacity, and to bundle the project volume and reduce the cost.
- Serve as a relationship manager for the Direct Materials Sourcing projects and support both Technical and Procurement group on technical discussions, maintain records of technical packages, handling of samples to appropriate people, create new item codes and vendors in SAP
To perform this job function successfully, the individual must be able to listen and work well with others in a team setting as well as have the ability to function independently. To perform this job function successfully, the Senior Sourcing Specialist must work with a cross-functional team, understand customer and business requirements, able to handle and prioritize multi-inquiries and tasks, timely follow up, capable to resolve any issues to accelerate the development timeline. The Senior Sourcing Specialist will work independently, timely escalate critical issues to the Line Manager, and hold the team members accountable for the agreed deliverables objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A BS or M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 6-8 years of pharmaceutical industrial API/RM sourcing experience. Experience in a cGMP environment possessing strong communication and reasoning skills are also preferred. Solid knowledge of cGMP, regulatory filing requirement, strong written and verbal communication are essential for the position.
Ability to speak and understand English both verbally as well as in written form. Must be able to write, communicate, and comprehend technical documentation presented by regulatory agencies or customers. Have an open mind and flexible to adapt to different culture, and environment.
Ability to interpret logically a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrams, or schedule form.
Normally work in the office. Up to 50% travelling to supplier's manufacturing site and trade shows for negotiation, intelligence gathering, and due diligence.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82471201
Apply on company website