When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Supplier Quality Specialist will be responsible for managing the supplier quality function, driving supplier continuous improvements, and reducing risk in our supply chain within the Customer Channels Group (CCG) of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What will you do?
- Collaborate with global business partners to harmonize and optimize supplier quality processes which includes, but not limited to supplier initiation, evaluation, and monitoring activities.
- Develop and revise supplier quality procedures to align with business needs and in compliance with government regulations, international standards, and other external requirements.
- Ensure the supplier quality function operates in compliance with procedures for medical devices and non-medical devices and provides guidance to other functional departments.
- Develop supplier initial and pre-shipment audit schedules and the coordinate with auditing resources for the execution of Quality Management System and Corporate Social Responsibility audits.
- Review and approval of supplier audit reports and coordinate with suppliers in the development of root cause analysis and corresponding corrective action plans.
- Act as the liaison for suppliers while collaborating with internal subject matter experts.
- Actively participate in strategic supplier development based on risks identified through supply chain risk mitigation efforts.
- Establish, monitor, and report monthly on global and regional supplier quality performance metrics.
- Identify and develop supplier quality training materials to foster quality-based thinking throughout the supply chain.
- Execute projects and complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant supplier quality management experience within the pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in quality system audits in the pharmaceutical or medical device industries.
- Quality lead auditor certification preferred.
- Experience with Ethical and Corporate Social Responsibility auditing preferred.
- Sound organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience interacting with customers, suppliers, and senior management.
- Strong computer and analytical skills, including data analysis and reporting with; Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Data Warehouse tools, Minitab and Master Control.
- Practical Process Improvement (PPI) or Six Sigma experience.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 15% of the time.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82231430
Apply on company website