The job: Senior Technical Sales Specialist qPCR - UK (Band 7)
Primary objectives is to grow qPCR consumables (Assays & Reagents) revenue across the country by executing on the qPCR Consumables Sales Strategy:
- Drive priorities and Focus execution of key Initiatives by Influencing current sales organization in the Biosciences (BID) and Research & Safety (RSD) Divisions.
- Develop the QPCR Business in the country by gathering market understanding, and by leveraging on the whole Thermo Fisher Scientific Value proposition.
- Execute direct sales and joint selling activities with sales representatives in the Biosciences (BID) and Research & Safety (RSD) Divisions.
The secondary objective is to generate sales leads for qPCR instruments working closely with the Genetic Analysis (GA) & Inside Sales organization
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships, at all levels within assigned accounts to influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, maintain and execute a Strategic Business Plan for the assigned territory to demonstrate effective territory planning and management skills.
- Develop profiles of key accounts to identify key decision makers, influencers and opinion leaders.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM).
- Analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities.
- Develop and implement account specific strategic plans with your partners (BID, RSD)
- Formulate and recommend pricing strategies for key accounts
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master's or PhD degree is desirable.
- Must have scientific consulting acumen - demonstrates the highest level of product and technical knowledge across the high-end qPCR and its applications. Knowledge of other Genetic platforms valued.
- Sales acumen and Independent Driver - accomplished sales skills, can speak to competitive technologies and demonstrates value as a supporting partner in the pre-sales process, while also independently driving sales throughout all stages of the sales process to meet sales targets.
- Minimum of 3-5 years sales experience in Life Science preferred. Similar Field Application Support experience to be considered. Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies required along with some next-gen sequencing knowledge as well.
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred.
- Residence in mainland UK required. Depending on location of successful candidate the territory assigned will either be North or South UK.
- People with great influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others
- Fluency in local language plus English is a must
- Availability for at least 50% travel
- Full UK driving license
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83892252
Apply on company website