At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Management and Organizational Development, this role is at the forefront of significant business growth, impact and contribution.
The Director of TMOD China, will lead the China Talent Management team to build deep enduring talent pipeline of future leaders to fuel China's aggressive business growth. This includes leading, initiating, designing and implementing talent strategies and programs that aim to develop, retain, measure and actively accelerate our organization's talent within China.
The Director of TMOD China will also be an active member of the APAC EM TMOD Leadership team, contributing to setting the strategy for Talent Management in our region, delivering on regional initiatives and elevating the overall impact of the TMOD team. The role would also be provided opportunities to Lead the APAC EM region in domain areas such as L&D, Talent Management and Early Talent on a rotational basis.
Using tools created in the Talent COE to build, communicate and actively monitor China's workforce plan to systematically and proactively prepare for leadership and capability requirements to achieve short term and long-term business objectives.
- Partner with HR and Business leaders to develop Talent strategy, solutions and workforce plans that deliver impact
- Lead the China TMOD team to fuel the Talent Initiatives to drive China's Growth Plan.
- Provide expertise in areas of leadership and team development, organizational design and culture in partnership with HR & Business leaders that enable achievement of business's goals.
- Drive talent management processes such as annual succession planning reviews and performance reviews to ensure effective identification of talent for key roles and overall pipeline of talent. Use insights from the process to implement impactful solutions to trending development needs and succession gaps.
- Lead organizational design efforts to supporting optimization and alignment of our org structure to business goals.
- Act as an internal consultant by finding, establishing, and achieving innovative talent management and organizational change interventions.
- Design a variety of approaches for executive leader & high potential leadership development, solutions and services including a range of experiences and exposure opportunities across our operating companies.
- Develop and implement integrated talent management strategies, tools, and processes to drive a culture of career growth, talent mobility, performance accountability and leadership transition.
- Initiate and contribute to overall Talent platform projects and new initiatives focused on building future capability
- Initiate and lead programs focused on developing strong talent pipeline for current and future business needs
- Build regional early talent strategy and lead design and execution of specific programs for China
- Lead TMOD team within countries and contribute to overall TMOD team development and success
- Business leaders and Managers
- HR team members
- Employees, with a primary focus on key talents
- APAC TMOD team
- Corporate / Division Talent Management leaders
- Talent Acquisition team
- Vendors and training providers / consultants
- Undergraduate degree required (Business, Psychology, HR) / Master or MBA also welcome.
- 10+ years of Talent Management and Organization experience, with track record in strategy building and execution of talent plans in a large complex organization.
- Track record in initiating and executing on complex change initiatives and building organizational capability especially for China
- Experience in driving the Talent growth for commercial, manufacturing and operation space in R&D as well as will be an advantage
- Track record partnering with senior leaders to shape and execute their business strategy
- Experience in operating in a fast pace environment and leveraging global matrix structures to deliver results
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing workforce planning and talent strategies to proactively identify, develop and move talent to align with overall business priorities.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills evidencing the ability to think and act strategically including executing on strategic plan
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link talent priorities to key business initiatives and ensure learning and development and mobility spend is targeted towards initiatives with highest return on investment for China.
- Strong ability to collaborate, flex, build relationships and influence at all levels and types of organization including commercial, manufacturing and operation leaders.
- Must have deep experience and knowledge of the business, economic, culture and talent environment of China
- Exemplary ethics and ability to drive and maintain a high -morale environment.
- Experience facilitating senior leadership team meetings and effectiveness in designing, developing and deploying leadership, management and professional development solutions to accelerate the Talent strategy.
- Proven success in developing strategies and plans aligned with Talent COE in building Talent pipeline, strengthening bench strength and accelerating succession Talent pools to drive business growth and plans for China
Skills & Attributes
- Strategic thinker, able to conceptualize strategies and initiatives whilst also delivering on them
- Business acumen, drive to impact business success
- Robust project management skills, results driven and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to solve complex problems and execute with speed
- Ability to partner, influence and communicate with multiple internal and external stakeholders, demonstrates excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Curious, passionate and driven by the area of Talent Management and its impact
- Comfortable working within a matrix environment with a high level of ambiguity
- Sets high standards for themselves, demonstrating highest standards of integrity and confidentiality
- A leader and a team collaborator
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and healthy workplace environment
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82417418
Apply on company website