Job Title: Utility Plant Operator I
Requisition ID: 155366BR
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Florence, South Carolina
This position will generally require the ability to work a 12-hour rotating shift in a 24-hour, 7 day per week operation to include evenings and holidays
8a-8p rotating, 3 on 3 off, 1 on, 3 off.
How will you make an impact?
Supplies site functions in the areas of Waste Water Pretreatment, Energy Center, Manufacturing, Lab and Site Utilities. – supports pharmaceutical production.
What will you do?
- Operate (through manual and computer operations) waste water stripper, vent collection systems, thermal oxidizer, solvent tank farm, solvent recovery system, manufacturing water systems (Pharma/Purified), fire water system, chilled water system (ammonia chillers), cooling towers, electrical system, steam system, HTF systems, nitrogen system, and compressed air system (through PCR2 and Wonder ware).
- Monitor (through Honeywell Operating system) HVAC systems following cGMP procedures.
- Administer, document and maintain conformance to regulatory requirements and company policies where appropriate through effective utilization of Company Quality Systems and tools, as well as direct actions.
- Comply with all SOP's and regulatory documents/agencies.
- Complete all Tank Farm transfers.
- Perform minor mechanical and equipment maintenance
- Obtain licenses for and demonstrate ability to operate various materials handling equipment.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 1 years' experience working in utilities as an operator or prefer 3-5 years of manufacturing/maintenance technician experience. Experience in a chemical processing or pharmaceutical environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of boiler-water and cooling tower water chemistry.
- Familiarization with Microsoft Office software; able to create, modify, save, and print documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- To maintain continued employment, must obtain “D” level license within 2 years and must successfully complete Utility Operator On -The Job Training program or test out of same within the first year of employment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic equipment.
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills to foster the team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical principles.
- Strong attention to detail and drive to accomplish the job timely, accurately and safely the first time is required, as well as the ability to work closely and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Good Manufacturing processes and the knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical processes, equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/81999726
Apply on company website