The job: VAT Analyst – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
When your part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $32 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As we continue to grow our finance function within our EMEA Centre of Excellence we have a fantastic opportunity for a VAT Accounting Specialist to join our Global VAT compliance function based at Paisley. This is a project-based role on a fixed term 12-month contract. You will primarily be engaged to provide support to our German entities.
What will you do?
- Collate and analyse data previously reported in historical VAT returns.
- You will support compliance with EMEA VAT requirements by supporting with the implementation of internal control checks.
- Complete reconciliation of revenue per historical VAT returns to revenue reported in the Financial Statement, investigating any differences resulting from those reconciliations.
- Apply VAT knowledge to situations and address complex VAT issues with Management
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate documentation is received and any issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Prepare process documentation to be utilized in VAT audits.
Who we are looking for:
- Preferred Experience in VAT compliance
- Part / Qualified Accountant desirable, but not essential
- Proficient in using Oracle and SAP preferred but not essential
- Preferred German Speaker, but not essential
- Must be proficient with MS Excel
What's in it for you:
- Free car parking
- On site gym – subsidised
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Generous Annual Incentive Plan
- A variety of flexible benefits
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply on company website