When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is part of the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD) and will be based in Franklin, MA. Our site produces air quality monitoring equipment, process monitors supporting plant efficiency, and product inspection equipment for the food & beverage industry.
How will you make an impact?
The Warehouse & Logistics Manager is a key member of the Franklin Operations team and will be responsible for driving strategy development and implementation focused around our customers, productivity, quality, and the development of team members.
This role directly impacts processes such as receiving, material movement throughout the facility, and shipping. Additionally, the Warehouse & Logistics Manager is responsible for managing our cycle count inventory program.
What will you do?
- Partner with the EHS manager to ensure all personnel are working in a safe environment at all times.
- Develop and implement a vision and strategy for the future looking at material & process flow, technology, and automation. Implement layout modifications to support improved efficiencies.
- Drive/Implement KPI's to manage the success of Receiving, Shipping, Warehouse, and the Cycle Count Program.
- Partner with Customer Support & the Value Streams to ensure we are meeting customer expectations and expedite requests as necessary. Develop strategies cross-functionally to improve customer experience.
- Drive appropriate lean initiatives to improve productivity throughout the organization.
- Work with the functional leads within your organization to ensure team capacity is set up daily to meet the business demands.
- Cross train resources amongst the receiving, warehouse, and shipping roles to provide flexibility to support demand.
- Ensure invoices are in compliance with tariff and customs regulations.
- Ensure compliance to all DOT and IATA regulations for dangerous goods shipments.
- Directly lead investigations on customer or shipping complaints to identify root cause and drive implementation of corrective actions.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Administration, Logistics, Operations or similar discipline.
- APICS Certification a plus
- 5+ years in a manufacturing setting with experience in inventory management, shipping, and warehousing.
- Experience with SAP and/or Infor XA ERP systems preferred
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing concepts a plus
- Experience with Hazardous materials management preferred
- Experience implementing bar code systems and/or processes a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams driving favorable business results
- The ideal candidate will have a strong continuous improvement / lean background and be able to utilize that skillset to improve customer and business metrics.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete assignments with limited instruction
- Ability to work in a team environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73784808
Apply on company website