· Responsible for delivery of patient care utilizing basic nursing care tasks.
· Assist the licensed nurses.
· Perform basic nursing care tasks and supportive duties in the acute care setting.
· As member of the health care team assists the licensed nurses by performing basic nursing care tasks and supportive secretarial duties in the Surgical Care Center The Nurse Aide functions as part of the health care team by assuring that various unit tasks are completed to provide a safe, effective and therapeutic environment on the Nursing Unit.
· Assists in maintaining orderliness of the unit, utility room and treatment areas. Returns cribs, stretchers, wheelchairs and other equipment to their proper storage areas.
· Assures proper unit setup for next surgical schedule including kitchen tidiness and supplies. Always assures that own assignment Is completed and shows initiative in assuring that all unit tasks are done for shift.
May assist with:
a. Secretarial duties as assigned to include registration, answering phones and notifying patients of arrival time day of surgery.
b. Assembly and maintenance of charts ensuring the medical record is in appropriate order.
c. Fundamental filing, sorting and distribution of information and chart data.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Nurse Aide Certificate or current experience in bedside care in a long term or acute health facility
· Good Communication skills and skilled in customer service
· Reliability and flexibility.
· Demonstrates the CARES Values at all times.
Apply on company website