- The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer performs patient assessments, acquires and analyzes data obtained using ultrasound and related diagnostic technologies, provides a summary of findings to the physician to aid in patient diagnosis and management and uses independent judgment and systematic problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships with all team members & medical staff.
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive info. including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs and to the care of the patient.
- Demonstrates computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to the various EMR modules and the PACS system.
- Registered in OB/GYN and Fetal Echocardiography
- Maintains professional credentials specifically related to Sonography and participates in continuing education activities through professional societies and organizations.
- Nuchal Translucency and CLEAR certification preferred
- Completion of an accredited ultrasound program or registered with equivalent ultrasound experience required
- BS degree in Diagnostic Ultrasound preferred
- Basic CPR training required, or to be completed within three months of hire
- Minimum of two years OB/GYN experience required
- Five years OB/GYN preferred
Working Conditions/Hazards/Equipment and Machinery Used:
- Sits or stands for long periods of time. Use of personal computers.
- Exposed to emotional and psychological stresses associated with caring for patients.
- Must be able to perform without physical limitations.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Apply on company website