The Registered Nurse is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating a plan of patient care utilizing ANA Standards and the Nursing Process. Acts as a patient advocate. Provides support, information and direct care. Utilizes equipment and technology skillfully and is technically competent in nursing procedures. Educates patients and families on significant self care issues. The inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required. The inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required.
Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Registered Nurse. Must hold a license in the state of permanent residency.
- Demonstrates organizational ability by using time and equipment effectively.
- Works under pressure of time and accuracy, often in stressful situations.
- Works with patients and families in crisis situations and emotional/mental alterations.
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy in written and oral communications.
- Frequently works with grieved, despondent, angry and mentally disturbed patients.
- Takes necessary immediate action when handling personnel problems.
Responsibilities for Assets
- Works with numerous expensive and complex instruments which may include IV controllers, hypothermia units, vacuum regulators, computers, portable and bedside cardiac/pressure monitors and other specialized equipment.
- Has thorough understanding of proper working order of equipment and reports maintenance needs promptly.
- Is conscious of and participates in cost containment efforts.
Contact with others
- Communicates in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner with: patient, family, significant others, physicians, visitors and other health care team members.
- Keeps private life and personal biases that may have negative impact on unit function separate from work issues.
- May be assigned to day, evening, or night shifts or a combination per departmental policy.
- Scheduled off at least three holidays per year.
- Required to work weekends per unit need.
- Expected to work overtime on occasion.
Apply on company website