This position provides inpatient diabetes education to patients, as well as outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support Services to adults and children and CGM training. Functions as a diabetes educator in a variety of settings with a variety of audiences. Acts as a teacher, facilitator, coach, and mentor demonstrating expertise in theories, methods, and strategies relative to learning. Major focus is audiences of individuals with diabetes and their support persons. The inventory, distribution/delivery of medications may be required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a bachelor's degree preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered nurse in the State of Maryland.
- Current certification as a Diabetes Care and Education Specialist preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Diabetes Educator.
- Experience preferred in teaching roles.
- Often works under pressure of time and accuracy in organizing and accomplishing work.
- Able to prioritize accomplishment of goals and objectives to meet the changing needs of the department.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills orally and written.
- Receptive to new ideas and able to lead and/or participate in change.
- Able to evaluate, analyze and synthesize current literature and apply to the work environment.
Responsibilities for Assets
- Works with expensive and complex audiovisual equipment.
- Has thorough understanding of proper working order of equipment and reports maintenance needs promptly.
- Recommends purchase of materials/supplies needed for educational programming.
Contact with others
- Has frequent contact with personnel and public requiring use of communication skills.
- Works cooperatively with community agencies and healthcare facilities to achieve educational goals.
- Maintains a cooperative working relationship inter and intra departmentally.
- Flexibility in hours of work meet job requirements.
- Primarily day shift, Monday through Friday
- Evenings and weekends may be required as needed.
- Usually off on Holidays.
- Must be willing to come to work during an emergency.
Apply on company website