Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Cyber Defense Analyst – Security Analyst II
The Cyber Defense Analyst is an individual contributor responsible for identifying and handling security incidents at TJX. The ideal person in this role brings knowledge in identifying network and endpoint intrusions, as well as handling security incidents.
In addition to responding to structured alerts the Cyber Defense Analyst will triage events escalated by the level 1 team and support coordination of incident response procedures. This role must be able to solve moderately complex problems independently and know when to escalate issues to a senior analyst or management. The individual will work with multiple technology platforms and interface with other groups within IT Security Operations, offshore partners, and other technology and business functions. Additional responsibilities include maintaining IR runbooks for 24/7 monitoring, develop executive IR summaries and tracking KPI.
- Level 2/3 Intrusion Detection System monitoring
- Level 2/3 Network Security alert monitoring and triage
- In-depth analysis of exploit attempts
- Security incident handling
- Develop standard operating procedures and response plans
- Day-to-day execution of security monitoring program
- Maintain triage runbooks for global security monitoring team
- Stay up to date with current security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Interfaces with user community and assists with IT security needs and projects
- Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security
- Performs root cause analysis of low to moderately complex security issues and determines the best course of action to remedy the problem
- Performs basic to complex security reviews to ensure compliance with internal security standards and regulatory requirements
- Recommends new policies and procedures to management and has wide latitude to devise on the best course of action for new procedures
- Recommends course of action for low to moderately complex situations
- Performs other duties as required
- Intermediate-level understanding of computer security concepts including Identity & Access Management, Network Security, Application Security, and Incident Management
- 2 Years in IT Security environment or equivalent education in Information Security
- 1-3 Years of SOC or Incident Response experience preferred
- A moderate understanding of networking concepts and protocols (such as DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSL, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information technology industry trends and emerging technologies and an ability to relate them to the company and its objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of tools and products used in day-to-day performance of job responsibilities (e.g., IDS, SIEM, Firewalls, packet capture)
- Excellent aptitude for problem solving and IT Security
- Familiar with IT Regulations, PCI/Sarbanes-Oxley/Mass Privacy laws
- Knowledge of security frameworks and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certification a preferred (GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GCFA, CEH)
An ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working independently as well as with various teams to effect change. The candidate must be able to work with senior members to prioritize threats to the TJX infrastructure. The candidate will be required to work closely with various internal service towers as well as other security teams on the workflows and technologies used to support the SOC. He or she will work through the incident lifecycle and provide support for escalated incidents.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Threat intelligence gathering and processing.
- Handle escalations for active incidents.
- Interacting with the TJX community at-large.
- Ability to work with various stakeholders.
Come Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding great deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff (Competitive salaries: check. Solid benefits: check. Plenty of room for advancement: of course). It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Apply on company website