Discovery is at the core of everything we do – whether it's a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That's what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
The Marketing Project Management Supervisor leads a team of Project Specialists as they manage all marketing and advertising for their assigned brands in the mediums of print, digital and social components. The Supervisor is responsible for multiple brands' marketing projects, as well as the training and development of associates in a fast-paced, retail environment. Planning, enforcing process, strategic thinking and the constant shuffling of priorities are integral elements of this position. The Supervisor will assist and consult with the Manager in recommendation for staff, workflow pipeline, ongoing resource needs and hiring, as well as oversee all for their designated brands. He/She will ensure that steps in the process are met for approximately 1000-2000 marketing projects annually per brand, which all vary in levels of complexity.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with team members to improve relationships and be the driver of open communications. Through relationships, the Supervisor will build trust, mitigate risk, and create efficiencies that will impact TJX Marketing.
- Collaborate with the brand channels (Creative, Brand, Art Buying, Production, Studio, Media, Public Relations, Digital, CRM) to build relationships and drive projects forward.
- Must be able to find solutions to conflict in a team environment while maintaining a positive and motivating atmosphere.
- Provide continuous supervision, training and evaluate work performance of associates to ensure professional and technical development with a delicate balance of being “in the know” without micromanaging
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports and share feedback to stay connected outside of the mid/annual performance review cycles.
- Coordinate team assignments with Creative Managers. Restructure workload and priorities based on needs, resources and capabilities.
- Manage and set expectations to keep the Project Specialists on-track to meet multiple pressing, and often simultaneous, deadlines while balancing resources.
- Maintain an open dialogue and flow of information with the Manager to keep management informed of client activity, potential barriers, and opportunities.
- Continuously assess workflow and processes to recommend improvements & efficiencies.
- Train new Specialists or new Marketing associates on process, workflow, and systems, when necessary.
- Provide leadership to direct reports while also managing their own workload.
- Multi-task in an ever-changing environment; work with ambiguity to strategize and prioritize.
- Experience with risk, change and communication management. Clear communication (written and verbal) and decision-making with senior leaders are critical.
- Ability to interface with multiple personalities to manage relationships and expectations. Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- High-functioning judgment, recommendations, analysis, decision-making and strategic thinking.
- Must be able to solve creative or project problems independently. This includes using judgment to provide solutions, which are appropriate to the problem, timeframe, budget and the needs of the business.
- Must be able to manage complicated gift card and video projects. These complex projects involve high-level communications and providing recommendations to senior leaders in departments outside of Marketing.
- Understand business objectives so projects and forecasting are planned accordingly.
Minimum experience required to perform this job:
- A minimum of 3-5 years' of experience managing people in a Project Management environment
- Agency or corporate advertising/marketing setting with high profile, complex clients.
- Must be able to manage complex E-commerce projects in the areas of email and digital work.These projects involve high-level communications and providing recommendations to senior leaders in departments outside of Marketing.
- Experience with the creative process, print production, digital and media process and timetables
- Technical and creative understanding of integrated ad campaigns which includes primarily digital with some signage, social, emails, direct mails and video production as well.
- Multi-task in an ever-changing environment; work with ambiguity to strategixe and prioritize
- Ability to problem solve creative or project problems independently while working under tight deadlines
- Experience with BaseCamp, Microsoft Project, Workfront, Workgroups or other workflow process software preferred
Minimum formal education:
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize the tangible stuff – competitive pay, great benefits, and a great group of people.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Framingham || MA
Apply on company website