We are all explorers!
Come explore the opportunities at Sierra Trading Post, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Sierra Trading Post is an off-price Internet retailer of brand name outdoor gear, family apparel and footwear, sporting goods and home fashions at incredible savings every single day. In addition to its nearly 20 years as an online retailer, Sierra Trading Post has plans to grow its store base. The only thing better than shopping at Sierra Trading Post is working here!
You can also feel good knowing that Sierra Trading Post is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Sierra Trading Post, TJX's retail chains include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods, as well as tjmaxx.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and Trade Secret in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The Key Carrier role is an elevated extension of the Coordinator role. Key Carriers alternate their role based on store needs, predominantly performing the role of Coordinator and occasionally acting as Key Carrier, taking on a leadership role in maintaining all aspects of the store. Key Carriers must have open availability, including nights and weekends.
- Role models exceptional customer service
- Creates a positive internal and external customer experience
- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Acts as Manager on Duty in adherence with company policy and procedure
- Ensures store team executes tasks and daily activities in accordance with store plan; reprioritizes as needed
- Addresses immediate customer service issues and provides appropriate coaching to Associates
- Exercises discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers
- Maintains proper Associate coverage in service areas for a positive customer experience
- Ensures Associates adhere to all operational procedures
- Ensures opening/closing procedures are executed in accordance with company guidelines
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates when setting and addressing priorities; provides periodic progress updates
- Provides and accepts ongoing recognition and constructive feedback
- Provides continuous feedback, recognition and coaching to Associates
- Partners with Management on Associate training needs to increase effectiveness
- Ensures adherence to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Promotes credit and loyalty programs during customer interactions
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Open availability, including nights and weekends
- Flexible schedule to support business needs
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Knowledge of company standard software, systems, and procedures
- Knowledge of merchandise flow in stores
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively coach, delegate, and follow-up on multiple people/tasks
- Works effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Ability to act quickly under challenging circumstances
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills.
- One year retail and 6 months of leadership experience
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Apply on company website