DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Speech Language Pathologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball – Tomball, Texas
Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is a 350-bed offering a wide variety of services, including emergency care, labor and delivery, a level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), general surgery, orthopedics, and robotic surgery. The hospital's 150-acre campus also features The Tomball Regional Orthopedic Center, The Women's Center, Texas Sports Medicine Center, and The Heart and Vascular Center.
HCA Houston Healthcare Tomball is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- Creates an environment and culture that enables Rehabilitation Services to fulfill the mission of the Hospital and meet or exceed its goals.
- Provides input into strategic development initiatives and is responsible for the implementation of the inpatient rehabilitation strategic plan.
- Responsible for the financial viability of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services, coordinating the submittal of accurate and timely billing and clinical information. Develops and strives for achievement of financial objectives, including the implementation of budgetary guidelines. Supports the Therapy Services Manager in managing the resources of Inpatient Rehabilitation Services in an ethical, viable manner. Provides input for the negotiation of rehabilitation specific rates in negotiated payment structures/contracts.
- In collaboration with the Medical Director and other clinical staff, assures the development of quality inpatient rehabilitation programming to meet market needs.
- Collaborates effectively with all members of the rehabilitation team within the inpatient rehabilitation unit.
- Works with the Therapy Services Manager to ensure the supply of appropriate resources to support the programs, services, organizational structure and staffing levels necessary for quality rehabilitation services. Coordinates as necessary with inpatient rehabilitation counterparts.
- Implements operations and processes to support, facilitate, and maintain uniform performance of inpatient care including documentation.
- Provides a safe, secure, and infection/hazard-free environment.
- Supports the Therapy Services Manager in the development, implementation, and monitoring of the quality management plan for inpatient rehabilitation services.
- The Speech Therapist supports interdepartmental performance-improvement/customer satisfaction activities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards in customer service through all interactions with the patients, families, coworkers, staff, other hospital departments, physicians, community and all others.
- Creates a high quality, professional clinical environment to facilitate the necessary recruitment of appropriate numbers of qualified staff.
- Masters in SLP (Speech and Language Pathology)
- Direct inpatient rehab experience; one year or more, involving extensive knowledge of rehab/criteria
- Certificate of Clinical Competence per state requirement or pursuing CFY (Clinical Fellowship Year)
- State licensure or appropriate registration with ASHA & state
- Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills
- Excellent organization/time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills; professional appearance
- Experience in providing educational programs
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website