Data Quality Engineer
Total Wine & More is looking for a Data Quality Engineer with expertise in cloud platforms using core data warehousing tools and big data related technologies to join our information technology team. We are embarking on a significant initiative to transform Total Wine and More into a data-driven enterprise. This initiative encompasses several areas and technologies, including: enterprise data architecture, business intelligence, data warehousing, data science, and artificial intelligence to use the use of data to improve enterprise business operations and enhance our customers' user experience. The Data Quality Engineer will play an important role in the implementation, maintenance and improvement of these systems to achieve our needs. You will work with the business, software development teams, cloud, and security staff and will enjoy learning and problem-solving . The Total Wine & More Information Technology team is growing and we are driving value through technology throughout our business. This position will report to the Sr. Director of EDAP.
- Partner with business teams to gather and maintain business requirements to inform data modeling decisions, relevant data features and measurements.
- Translate requirements into process/system functional requirements and identify/assess potential data source(s).
- Provide functional scope analysis and detailed solution design based on requirements needed to support the build of data models, algorithms, and apps.
- Lead all data quality programs including acceptance, integration and functional testing.
- Create data app requirements, scope, and target solutions.
- Work with Product Owners and partners to run discovery, user story workshops, and brainstorming events to conceptualize EDAP data app solutions according to target state vision.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new features.
- Create detailed epics, stories, feature specs that meet business criteria.
- Write and build test plans and test cases, manage requirements trace-ability, document test results, track defects, and work with developers to resolve issues.
- Communicate project status and application issues to necessary partners and supervisor.
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Business, Computer Science, Technology or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in business analytics or business intelligence.
- Strong SQL knowledge.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-Us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website