About the role
As a Seasonal Delivery Driver, you play an essential role in the customer service experience providing a best-in-class delivery experience. You will deliver customers' purchases in a fast and personal manor, build relationships and maintain Total Wine & More's brand beyond the store. You will report to the store management team. You can expect this position to be short term, no longer than six months, and you will have the option to apply for a regular role.
Total Wine & More will provide a vehicle for deliveries. Car is not required.
- Provide customer service by greeting and establishing a relationship with customers when delivering our products
- Follow all traffic and safety laws
- Verity ID at time of delivery to prevent alcohol sales to a minor
- Refuse delivery to minors and intoxicated customers
- Load, tag and deliver merchandise to customers ordering online; distribute inventory to correct locations; pull and tag merchandise from back room and overheads with visible conspicuous labels; resolve delivery inventory discrepancies
- Maintain road safety and cleanliness standards in TWM vehicle
- Complete freight process, ensure sorting area is safe and organized including unloading truck trailers, loading carts and distributing to correct locations; pull and tag merchandise from back room and overheads with visible conspicuous labels
- Maintain aisles by following established sorting and stocking guidelines
- Open and stack cases and merchandise; break down boxes and bale cardboard
- Ensure signage is correctly placed; build displays and end caps; clean and maintain merchandise
- Become familiar with and sharing Total Wine & More's product portfolio
What we're looking for
- 21 years of age or older
- Clean motor vehicle record (MVR), 3+ years without any major traffic violation and 1+ years without a minor traffic violation
- Work a flexible schedule as business requires, which may also depend on your preference for part-time or full-time hours
- Experience using technology applicable to the position and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- 1-year delivery, retail sales associate, merchandiser, or inventory specialist experience preferred, to include greeting customers and managing inventory
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and engaging attitude
- Value collaboration and acting as a team player
- Desire to develop knowledge of product and services
Physical Requirements (with or without accommodations)
- Walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
Grow with us!
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/About-us/Careers!
Total Wine & More considers several factors when establishing compensation. Estimated salaries determined by third parties have not been validated by Total Wine & More.
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website