Be inspired, every day. Here, we practice in a leading-edge setting where advanced medicine and compassion are equally valued. Careers at Reading Hospital offer a highly collaborative setting, where individuals from every medical, professional, and service discipline work together to provide patients and their families with an experience beyond compare.
- Req. Number: 2019-26265
- Posted Date: 1/3/2020
- Shift: 7-Rotates all Shifts: Day/Evening/Night
- Address: 420 S. 5th Avenue
- City, State: West Reading, PA
- Department: THMG Cardiology OH
Tower Health/Reading Hospital is seeking a Cardiac Intensivist to join our Cardiology Fellowship faculty. The ideal candidate must be a fellowship trained Cardiologist with additional experience in Cardiac Critical Care; either Critical Care Fellowship or 3-5 years of experience in a Critical Care environment. The Cardiac Intensivist will help develop the Cardiology Fellowship which will begin in July 2020. The fellowship will host six fellows per year for three years, with a total of 18 fellows.
Drexel University College of Medicine Partnership:
- February 2019: Tower Health and Drexel University secured appropriate accreditation approval to establish a new four-year regional campus of Drexel University of Medicine in West Reading, near Reading Hospital
- Affiliation demonstrates Tower Health's ongoing commitment to academics, research and innovation
- Presence of campus adjacent to Reading Hospital creates destination for physicians who want to practice in a clinically advanced environment
- First class of first-year medical students expected to arrive for 2021 – 22 academic year
About Tower Health:
A strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system, Tower Health provides leading-edge healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and extensive network of outpatient facilities provide a full range of medical care – from prevention, screenings and education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs and public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be.Job Summary
The Cardiac Intensivist faculty role will provide and manage direct health care for Cardiovascular patients in the inpatient setting and support the development of Tower Health's Cardiology Fellowship. The Cardiac Intensivist faculty position requires an academic background supportive of an appointment at the Assistant or Associate level with Drexel University College of Medicine. This position requires a physician with a track record of leadership, research, professionalism and role modeling.Qualifications
MD or DO with a completed fellowship in Cardiovascular medicine and additional experience in critical care may include a critical care fellowship or 3-5 years of experience practicing in a critical care environment.Be inspired, every day. Here, we practice in a leading-edge setting where advance...
Apply on company website