Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Engineer is responsible for working directly with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of the owner and Transwestern (TW). This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
It is the policy of TW that the highest possible professional standards be maintained at all times when you perform your assigned duties and responsibilities. Our success as a business is directly related to the quality of the services that we provide. In the performance of your duties as an Engineer as described below, you are accountable for all of your actions.
Your contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is to be guided by the highest professional standards including positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary service.
- Perform HVAC plumbing, and Maintain HVAC equipment requirements of the building(s).
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, and oiling motors.
- Inspect/adjust belts.
- Inspect machine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps and sump pumps.
- Document and report activities.
- Troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Inspect all buildings equipment.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years building HVAC maintenance experience.
- First Class Engineers license.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows based software.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC,
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision.
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Availability to cover all shifts and weekends.
Incumbent will agree to become a member of Union Local 17S
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website