Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Senior Client Accountant will be directly responsible for the accounting and financial obligations of a 1.2M square foot 7 office building assets. This position will initially be full time on site working directly with the property management team. The Senior Client Accountant will be responsible for preparing periodic reports, budgets, and other financial information and ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance with terms of the Management and Leasing Agreement(s). The Senior Client Accountant will provide leadership in the knowledge and utilization of the assigned real estate accounting software(s) (e.g., MRI, Avidxchange, Kardin, etc.). The Senior Client Accountant will work with Property Management to ensure that all reporting deadlines are met, e.g., monthly operating reports, annual budgets, escalation settlements, etc.
It is also the responsibility of the Senior Client Accountant not only to exhibit legendary customer service when communicating with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors but also to focus on productivity and results.
- Prepare and post tenant billings, additional billings/adjustments to include monthly rent ups charges, late fees, electric sub-metering, OTHVAC, one-time tenant billables, etc.
- Generate and post the monthly rent-up reports with approval of PM and Accounting Manager.
- Review Aged Accounts Receivable listings with the property manager for any adjustments, applying open credits to open charges, and ensure that cash receipts have been properly applied to each tenants' account.
- Manages the Aged Delinquency reports to include inputting comments in MRI for late payments/delinquent tenants.
- Complete and submit Asset Manager required rent tracker daily.
- Initiate initial late payment calls to tenants re reconcile A/R. Escalate to PM if recurring issues.
- Maintain property cash balances. Submit Open A/P report for weekly check run processing.
- Prepare funding request to send to client for weekly check runs.
- Ensure timely payment of property taxes and manage proof of submission. Bill GSA taxes in conjunction with specified lease requirements.
- Track all SAM registration for GSA tenants.
- Review and/or prepare bank reconciliations each month for all bank accounts associated with the properties assigned.
- Perform CM to GL after posting daily cash receipts.
- Review or prepare all supporting schedules as required by the Owner.
- Review the General Ledger for any adjusting entries or accruals/reclasses in conjunction with PM and make all necessary journal entries.
- Print and review financial statements and all monthly reports and tie all supporting schedules to the financial statements.
- In conjunction with PM, complete quarterly forecast in Kardin.
- Calculate the monthly Management Fee and / or Incentive Management Fee due TW.
- Understand the budget reporting requirements of each Owner and participate in the preparation of the annual budget with members of property management.
- Understand and prepare the escalation and operating expense budgeting and settlement process, including the calculation of “gross-ups”, and complete the preparation of the actual settlement schedules.
- Complete credit applications as needed.
- Assist with new vendor set up through Transwestern and Asset Management software.
- Set up job codes associated with CAPEX and large one-time projects as needed. Assists as needed with tracking capital and TI project expense tracking.
- Interface and effectively communicate with other fellow TW Team Members.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Senior Accountant level with at least 4 years of commercial real estate experience.
- At least 4 years of recent fee-based property management accounting experience.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Microsoft 365 Word, and Excel proficiencies.
- Must have intermediate to advanced Windows-based real estate accounting software package experience, preferably MRI for Windows. Others such as Yardi will also be helpful.
- Must have intermediate to advanced budgeting package software experience, preferable Kardin.
- Ability to keep information strictly confidential.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a demanding, time-sensitive workload.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation.
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website