SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Histotechnologist today with Trident Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Trident Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Histotechnologist is a vital part of the Laboratory. You will be working with a professional staff that is very knowledgeable in Anatomic Pathology. You will serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and department outcomesWhat you will do in this role:
- You will be responsible for receiving, accessioning and preparing stained slides from tissue and biopsies submitted to Anatomic Pathology for review by a pathologist.
- You will be responsible for the preparation of frozen section specimens for review by a pathologist.
- You will assist the Technical Manager by performing specific managerial or supervisory tasks.
- You will provide technical guidance to colleagues in regards to abnormal and/or Critical patient results, quality control problems, and workload problems.
- You will follow best practice methodologies prescribed, demonstrating your skill and ability to following laboratory compliance policies and procedures.
- You will practice infection control by careful hand washing and by wearing personal protective equipment, for the safety of patient and self, while maintaining a well-kept work area.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- License/Certification Required American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), HTL License/Certification Preferred
- Completion of formal training in histology. ASCP Histotechnologist (HTL) certification and at least (1) year histotechnology experience.
- Training in all phases of histotechnology. Can distinguish colors, demonstrates independent judgment, demonstrates good communication and interpersonal skill, requires coordination and good manual dexterity skills, demonstrates initiative, possesses ability to work under stress, and demonstrates ability to organize
Trident Medical Center is a 330-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital's specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center, the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Trident Breast Care Center and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Histotechnologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website