DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a MT Blood Bank Supervisor today with Trident Medical Center.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Trident Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Trident Medical Center family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious MT Blood Bank Supervisor to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
The MT Blood Bank Supervisor position is responsible for the technical oversight of the Blood Bank department and evening and night shift employees. You will serve as a liaison between the hospital and Blood Bank vendors, supervises day-to-day operations of lab personnel, develops policies and procedures, and provides training and support for all employees as needed.
- You will works closely with other hospital departments to ensure excellent customer service.
- You will perform all approved laboratory procedures in assigned areas of licensure, which may require a high degree of theoretical knowledge and technical expertise in licensed areas
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with CAP, AABB, FDA, and JCAHO guidelines and other regulatory agencies as needed.
- You will be responsible for providing patients and physicians with accurate and timely results to aid them in diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- The Medical Technologist performs tests and reports results of requested laboratory procedures.
What qualifications you may need:
Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must be currently registered as a Medical Technologist by ASCP.
Education: BS in Medical Technology or Baccalaureate degree plus completion of a NAACLS approved program in medical technology. SBB certification is preferred.
- Previous laboratory experience required.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Must possess good computer skills and customer service skills.
- Specialty in Blood Bank (SBB) preferred, but not required.
Trident Medical Center is a 330-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospital's specialty services include an award-winning Heart Center, the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Trident Breast Care Center and the Joseph M. Still Burn Clinic, the region's only outpatient burn clinic offering services to patients of all ages. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our MT Blood Bank Supervisor opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website