DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as an Operating Room Registered Nurse that you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Trident Medical Center , a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Trident Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated OR RN like you to be a part of our team.
The Operating Room Registered Nurse CVOR will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Trident Medical Center offers critical care services and 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist programs. Trident Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Trident Medical Center, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website