Passion. Drive. Enthusiasm. These are the three pillars of our company culture. Launched in 2007, Trump Hotels is the next generation of luxury hospitality - one that is raising the bar in the top-tier travel experience. We believe that by creating an unsurpassed regard for our associates, our associates will, in turn, create an unparalleled guest experience that will ultimately translate into the success of our stakeholders.
Our vision? We will never settle…. We will persist in the meticulous delivery of unparalleled service and experiences… We will do it better than anyone else!
The Trump International Hotel Washington DC is a Forbes' 5 Star Award-winning hotel property. Our establishment tells a unique story, guided by the classic features of the Old Post Office building, the associates, and experiences that compel this 5 Star team.
To assist the Director of Housekeeping with overseeing and ensuring the overall cleanliness of the hotel in accordance with Hotel, Corporate and local standards. To ensure all safety procedures are adhered to, and follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation. Ensure prompt and courteous service to guests, ensuring all guest experiences are distinctively supreme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Select, train, supervise schedule, develop, discipline, conduct performance appraisals, and counsel team members according to Trump policies and procedures.
· Coordinate with hotel leadership on the repair and maintenance program, as it relates to guest rooms and public areas.
· Purchase all basic cleaning supplies, linen, and equipment.
· Monitor payroll hours and complete all related labor reports (i.e., forecasts, annual budgets, plans, and actions, etc.).
· Ensure property operation meets internal audit standards.
· Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics that inspire team members to meet and exceed standards, promoting team member empowerment.
· Inspect VIP rooms, showrooms, public areas, and back-of-house.
· Work with third parties for outsourced contracted services.
· Assign projects and tasks to all housekeeping department associates and monitor progress.
· Conduct departmental meetings.
· Update room statuses as found and clear pick-up rooms.
· Report defects in rooms and public areas and follow up on resolution.
· Develop and maintain the “General Clean Program” for the guest rooms.
· Ensure found items are logged and secured. Handle guest inquiries and supervise lost and found procedures.
· Monitor payroll on a weekly and monthly basis, ensuring productivity ratios are met.
· Conduct inventories of uniforms, linens, guest and housekeeping supplies to ensure par levels are maintained (including all month end inventories).
· Prepare purchase orders for supplies and amenities for the Housekeeping department.
· Process invoices for housekeeping expenses in a timely manner for month-end.
· Monitor uniform and laundry operations.
· Participate on Safety Committee and foster a safe work environment in housekeeping.
· Knowledge of and compliance with all Emergency procedures. Report unsafe conditions, as appropriate.
· Follow up on concerns and requests received from associates in round tables or departmental meetings.
· Ensure AAA and Mobil 5-star standards are maintained consistently.
· Actively collect and meticulously record guest preferences, ensuring the entire housekeeping team is doing the same.
· Ensure customer satisfaction scores are consistently maintained.
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet both short-term and long-term business goals.
- Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer.
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years prior housekeeping management experience in the hospitality industry at an equivalent or similar property is preferred.
- Experience with MS Office applications is required (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- College education in Hospitality preferred or equivalent experience.
- Pre-opening hotel experience is an asset.
Apply on company website