Passion. Drive. Enthusiasm.
These are the three pillars of our company culture. Launched in 2007, the Trump Hotels is the next generation of luxury hospitality - one that is raising the bar in the top-tier travel experience. We believe that by creating an unsurpassed regard for our associates, our associates will, in turn, create an unparalleled guest experience that will ultimately translate into the success of our stakeholders.
We will never settle…. We will persist in the meticulous delivery of unparalleled service and experiences… We will do it better than anyone else!
The Trump International Hotel Washington DC is searching for a Reservations/PBX Agent to join our Five Star Team and Forbes Five Star Award winning hotel property.
The Reservations/PBX Agent will reply to reservation/PBX related inquiries in a friendly, professional and courteous manner, employ sales techniques in order to secure reservations for guest accommodations and hotel services in an efficient manner consistent with Trump standards of quality. Maximizes yield opportunities by following set selling strategies, using effective up-selling and suggestive selling methods. Answer and direct phone calls, radio requests, messages and faxes in an efficient, courteous and professional manner to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Book guest reservations for individuals and /or groups via telephone, email or fax from within the hotel in accordance with established standards and reservations scripts using the hotel's reservations systems; process reservations from sales, reservations centers, travel agencies, online travel agents and wholesalers.
- Up-sell rooms where possible according to established procedures to maximize revenues; utilize yield management strategies to ensure a full house whenever possible.
- Accurately enter all reservations and rooming lists into the property management system.
- Ensure all extranet sites are accurately updated with confirmation numbers in a timely manner.
- Process cancellations, revisions and information updates on changes.
- Ensure hotel functions and services are up to date to ensure efficient response to guest inquiries.
- Provide accurate information about the city and surrounding attractions when asked by guests; hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
- Post deposits, No-Show and cancellation charges.
- Stay apprised of current rates, rate changes and all hotel promotions.
- Process and investigate travel agent commissions.
- Investigate rate discrepancies and report finding to Reservations Manager
- Actively collect and meticulously record guest preferences.
- Accept and deliver wake-up calls, messages and facsimiles in a timely manner.
- Pass on requests in a timely and accurate manner to appropriate associates.
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, while exercising high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Prepare official correspondence on behalf of management for both external and internal communications verbally and in writing.
- To be fluent in English both written and verbal. Proficiency in other languages would be an asset
- Must possess clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Google Systems.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays (including overtime) when required.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and continuously perform the essential job functions.
- Must be organized, task oriented and possess excellent attention to detail.
- Must have a passion for delivering outstanding luxury service.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years working experience in hospitality or tourism related industry, preferably with hotel Reservations/Front Office.
- Proficiency in HMS and experience with Delphi would be an asset.
- College/University education in Hospitality preferred
Apply on company website