The position of Chef de Cuisine will be responsible of all activities related to the Kitchen which includes: menu creation, management of kitchen staff, ordering and purchasing of inventory, and plating design and quality control. In addition, the Chef de Cuisine will also be responsible for managing labor and cost control in regards to budget and forecast. Hire, train, supervise and actively participate in all the food production areas of the kitchen, but with particular emphasis on the management of restaurant kitchen, in order to maintain Trump National Doral's high standards of quality.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Visually inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish and other food products of the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items. Reads and employs math skills for recipes. Approves requisitions for supplies and food items for production on work station.
- Participates in production of all food items necessary for operation
- Hires, trains and supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment and safety measures. Evaluate performance, give guidance and discipline as necessary to produce quality products.
- Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage, and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations, including coverage, labeling, dating and placing items in proper containers to ensure products freshness.
- Assigns in detail, specific duties to all associates under supervision of Restaurant Chef for efficient operation of kitchen and service.
- Writes, maintains and updates all menu specifications, recipes and pictures, production forecasts, and ensures same are being followed.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Performs other duties as required, ie. Special orders, buffet presentation, VIP parties, writing specialty menus for promotions, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.Thorough knowledge of hot and cold food preparation
- Extensive skill in usage of slicers, mixers, grinders, food processors, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other associates and leaders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e. knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges
High School graduate or equivalent required. Some formal technical training relative to this position is required.
At least 5 years experience in related field required. At least 5 years of experience in hospitality field preferred. At least two years in direct supervision.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
Health Department Food Supervisor certificate.
Apply on company website