Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members. Providing protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property.
50% Patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions.
25% Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property.
15% Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly via radio
to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
5% Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
5% Administer CPR and First Aid.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Provide accurate information to in inquirers for directions and hours of operations.
- Receive, record and secure found property. Research and respond to guests inquiries for lost property.
- Assist guests with door lock and in room safe problems using moderately complex hand held electronic apparatus.
- Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs. sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Criminal Justice or Business Administration is preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Prior law enforcement, security or military experience.
Apply on company website