Tucows has been working on the Internet since the days when people unironically called it the Information Superhighway.
Today, we're the second-largest domain wholesaler in the world with tens of millions of domains under management (OpenSRS / Enom). We're doing all kinds of interesting things, including running an MVNO cell phone service (Ting Mobile) and building true fiber to the premises networks in towns and cities across the US (Ting Internet). We offer individual and small business domains and integration with various popular platforms (Hover/Ascio).We're a team of over 600 people serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Our growth has been incredible, smart and measured (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC). Our success is built on a solid technical and financial foundation.
As part of the Ting Internet business, we're bringing crazy fast fiber Internet to select cities in the United States. We're investing millions in building and operating fiber networks and partnering with towns and cities to deliver an exceptional customer experience and next-generation Internet access. We've launched symmetrical Gigabit service in Charlottesville, Virginia; Westminster, Maryland; Holly Springs, North Carolina; Centennial, Colorado; and Sandpoint, Idaho, with more markets in development. And we're looking for a key team member to help manage our markets.
Ting Internet is one of the primary growth drivers for Tucows. We're disrupting traditional telecom and cable models in markets where residents and businesses are thirsty for alternatives, and we're expanding rapidly. Imagine a local business where half of the population were customers? It's an exciting time to come work at Ting, help steer us through our growth challenges, and set the course of a multi-generational business.
As the City Manager, you will be responsible for the business in Fullerton. This includes overall business strategy for your market, implementation of sound business practices, growing the customer base, increasing the profitability of the business, and mentoring and leading the local team. If you really love the internet, this is a great opportunity!
- Manage the day-to-day business operations of Ting Internet in Fullerton;
- Support the development of long and short-term budgets and work plans to ensure long-term success
- Monitor, evaluate and oversee adherence to budgets and work plans to ensure objectives are met and address issues to improve it
- Working closely with the Marketing team on developing a marketing strategy and key initiatives
- Working closely with the Enterprise Sales team on penetrating the business market [defining, tracking and reporting sales performance metrics and trends] ;
- Support the Enterprise Sales team in their efforts to secure new business;
- Collaborate with network owner representatives and other vendors to ensure the smooth operation of service;
- Attend local community events as an ambassador of the Ting Internet product and brand;
- Work cross-functionally within the organization (operations, product, field ops, marketing, support and more) to ensure long-term success of the market;
- Keep senior executives and staff in Toronto apprised of key service metrics and developments.
- Bachelor's degree in business and/or economics from a recognized university; or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-10 years of strategic and operational business experience, with proven results;
- Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices
- Strong local experience and relationships with key leaders and businesses;
- A keen interest in home and small business Internet technologies;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and comfort with public speaking;
- Ability to network and build relationships on all levels, and to be a great teammate;
- Ability to work hard in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment;
- Experience managing projects (including, budget, workplan, partners, etc.);
- Good time management and prioritization abilities.
- Telecom experience is an asset, but not required.
- Spanish fluency is an asset, but not required.
- Occasional travel within the United States and Canada will be required.
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Tucows is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
Apply on company website